Zeke update! (Tiny Chihuahua)

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just wanted to update everyone on how the little guy is doing...he's no longer so tiny, but still small. No more health problems. He's started heartworm preventative, had his shots, is 100% weaned, and is 95% puppy pad trained! This is one smart dog if ive ever seen one! My 1 yr old Poodle Ricco cant even get the potty thing down correctly, but Zeke has! lol

Anyway, here's a video for your enjoyment. I'll be posting more as he progresses!

Enjoy!
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y8...urrent=MOV00748.flv&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
AAAWWWWWWWW HES CUTE!! I cant wait to meet him! I love his pudgy tummy! :D

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
when you bought it, what did they tell you the chichuahua was? what breed?

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
get ready for the onslaught of medical examinations... theres no such thing as teacup chihuahuas, theres only one species of chihuahua, and its just plain ole' chihuahua. People who sell teacups are breeding runts of the new borns, and try to make them smaller which causes a considerable amount of health risks.

my girlfriend bought a chihuahua and shes right by me, and she wanted a teacup, so im in search of teacup chihuahuas, and im calling breeders, and every single breeder i called and asked for a teacup, they either hung up on me, or they said you must be out of your f******* mind, fortunatley one lady was nice enough to but passive agressively telling me theres no such thing as teacups and shes fed up and tired of these wanna be money gluttons that are selling very ill chihuahuas. healthy chihuahuas are between 3-6 pounds when adult, anything below 2 lb (i believe) is bad.

Thank god after several hours of research online and health risks involved with "teacup" chi's, i convinced my girlfriend to buy a normal chihuahua.

Ah, i forgot to say to correct myself above, theres two typed of chihuahuas, theres long haired and short haired.

Good luck with your dog, he/she will need alot of help in the future and its up to her owner to keep her healthy, they dont live for more than 3 years... :(

here are some references to teacup chihuahuas... you can do more research of teacups...

http://www.crossroadschihuahuas.net/id7.html

http://www.superherodesigns.com/journal/archives/000183.html

http://www.gotpetsonline.com/bbs/vi...ghlight=&sid=dff070f8043134727a7b6faa82a27c37

Last edited:

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well, maybe they just sell small chihuahas.

Ok, well i know for sure there is potbelly pigs, and micro pigs, they are a much smaller breed of pig than your average. Then chihuahas, ive seen some chihuahas that are quite large for there age, and are 100% purebred. Then take my grandma's dog for instance, she was only 3-4 punds. Then take our chihuaha, PUREBRED from a breeder, he's about 6 pounds. If the dogs smaller, then why not sell it as "teacup"? i see no problem paying an extra 1-$200 for a VERY small dog, moreso than your usual chihuaha, and hey, if the buyers satisfied, then what the heck?

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
crashergs said:
get ready for the onslaught of medical examinations... theres no such thing as teacup chihuahuas, theres only one species of chihuahua, and its just plain ole' chihuahua. People who sell teacups are breeding runts of the new borns, and try to make them smaller which causes a considerable amount of health risks.

my girlfriend bought a chihuahua and shes right by me, and she wanted a teacup, so im in search of teacup chihuahuas, and im calling breeders, and every single breeder i called and asked for a teacup, they either hung up on me, or they said you must be out of your f******* mind, fortunatley one lady was nice enough to but passive agressively telling me theres no such thing as teacups and shes fed up and tired of these wanna be money gluttons that are selling very ill chihuahuas. healthy chihuahuas are between 3-6 pounds when adult, anything below 2 lb (i believe) is bad.

Thank god after several hours of research online and health risks involved with "teacup" chi's, i convinced my girlfriend to buy a normal chihuahua.

Ah, i forgot to say to correct myself above, theres two typed of chihuahuas, theres long haired and short haired.

Good luck with your dog, he/she will need alot of help in the future and its up to her owner to keep her healthy, they dont live for more than 3 years... :(

here are some references to teacup chihuahuas... you can do more research of teacups...

http://www.crossroadschihuahuas.net/id7.html

http://www.superherodesigns.com/journal/archives/000183.html

http://www.gotpetsonline.com/bbs/vi...ghlight=&sid=dff070f8043134727a7b6faa82a27c37
im aware of ALL of this :) Which is why I " " Teacup.

Good luck with your dog, he/she will need alot of help in the future and its up to her owner to keep her healthy, they dont live for more than 3 years...
True in some cases, not all. Depends on the average health of the dog.

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
teacup chihuahuas are babies from 2 grunts of the batch of chihuahuas, which causes health risks (serious ones) because their organs are so tiny... talk to a real chihuahua breeder and ask for a teacup, the one who cares less about the money and cares more about the health of their chi's will tell you with a passion.

sure spend 1-200 dllrs more on a teacup, but spend thousands on hospital bills.
im not here to debut, im here to be part of the community and to outreach to individuals the same how an individual has outreached to me to be more informative on whats out there, its a learning experience.

Love your tiny chihuahua with all the grace and givingness, she will definatley give you much more than you can possibly give her, cheers.

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
they dont live for more than 3 years...
I highly DISagree. Not true.

My grandmas dog was tiny, it's the smallest dog i've EVER seen, now get this, and this is 100% true, If i have to, ill print out and take pictures of copies of her vet records.

My mom orriginally had it for about 3 years, she was a minature teacup chihuaha, and my mom had her before i was born. She then gave it to my grandma, and my grandma kept her for about 10 1/2 years. She was only about 4 ibs i think. She died at the age of 14, about 2 years ago:(

Like i said, she was extremely small, and WAS sold as a minature teacup chihuaha, and was he runt of the litter.

That proves that there is no "special requiremnt" or "shortened lifespan" of teacups. They are a smaller chihuaha, They live for just as long as any other dogg, they have NO health problems, and there is nothing wrong with them.

If i absoloutly must, i'll get pictures, and copies of her vet record before she died.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
I got to spend some time with the Zeke Meister this past week. He is hilarious!! SO cute and friendly! Hes a 300lb dog in a 12oz body!!! :D

Last edited:

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer