Yuck!!! silkworm pupaes taste bad...

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well anytime you're drinking fruit juice or having some ketchup there's some bug juice in there. Organic stuff is the worst. I'll never forget the time I bought some raspberries at Trader Joes that were infested with some kind of white bugs. I put them in the fridge and the next morning little white bugs hatched out and were all over the place. Another time I bought some organic salad that had green bugs in it. Not aphids, some kind of winged green bugs. YUM!

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Not aphids, some kind of winged green bugs. YUM!
Aphids have wings sometimes, too. I've found aphids in regular lettuce at Fred Meyer. (Good thing stuff like that doesn't bug me, huh?)

What a lot of people don't know is that "organic" does NOT equal "not sprayed." I spend my summers collecting leaves in vineyards for mite research and one of the worst sprays that they use meets the USDA standards for organic production. It makes me sneeze up a storm (my boss, too), really irritates my skin, and smells awful since it's sulfur-based.

Sandman

Arachnopeon
hmmm...

I've often wondered what a big T would taste like broiled. I watched a show that documented some indigenous people in some tropical country roasting T’s in banana leaf. Not much different than crab or shrimp I suppose.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Lori has that video -- and we still haven't gotten around to watching it. I have the recipe, by the way, if you're interested on blowing a couple hundred bucks on an entre (the recipe calls for adult T. blondi, and you'll need a banana leaf).