1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your tarantula's favorite sitting spot

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Moakmeister, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Nephila Edulis

Nephila Edulis Arachnoknight Active Member

Advertisement
    Anywhere out of sight. Seems like they don't care where they sit as long as I can't see them :shifty:

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. DadsGlasses

DadsGlasses Arachnosquire

IMG_8898.JPG As a new owner, I just made a post about this. I was concerned that my B. albo was stressed because he doesn't seem to like the substrate. Seems to prefer hard surfaces. Right now he is on a log.

3. Moakmeister

Moakmeister Arachnobaron

Texas
    Oh, that's normal. They always prefer hard surfaces.

• Like Like x 1
    • Lollipop Lollipop x 1
  4. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

Skyler, my female Avicularia avicularia, likes to sit on her porch. Usually, she is more horizontal, with the hind legs behind the entrance and her front legs resting on the leaves, but sometimes, she goes on full display:

Wallflower, my mature male Dolichothele diamantinensis, has been hanging out on the back of the hide he never used:

• Like Like x 2
  5. dragonfire1577

dragonfire1577 Arachnobaron Active Member

My Brachypelma emilia is great because she just stands out in the open, never in it's hide and it's always in a different spot every day. It's funny because I never see her move but she always switches where it's standing. My little Grammostola pulchra is still in vial and almost ready to move into a bigger enclosure so we will see what she does then.

6. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

Tarantulas are masters of the statues game.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ShyDragoness

ShyDragoness Arachnoknight

My B. albo sling doesnt really have a favourite sitting spot but it does really love making a little bolus tower (or it would if I didnt keep removing them). Clearly I should give up and let it build its sculptures :artist: !

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Swede Baboon

Swede Baboon Baboons are life

Sweden
    My C.Marshalli has taken on the form of a chameleon... drop a cricket and its like a gust of air through her enclosure. Cricket gone... see movement in pet hole... :oldman::oldman:

9. Thekla

Thekla Arachnobaron Active Member

I beg to differ. :smuggrin:

My B. albo loves to sit on those flimsy leaves I put in, meant for hiding. :rolleyes:

B albo_fav spot1.jpg B albo_fav spot2.jpg B albo_fav spot3.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Mirandarachnid

Mirandarachnid Arachnoknight

Texas

My N. chromatus loves hanging out on this silk plant. Although, she almost did away with it today when a cricket briefly hid under it. Luckily it didn't take her too long to notice the cricket was right behind her :hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Pyrelitha

Pyrelitha Arachnoknight Active Member

Down in a little corner underneath a big leaf, and ontop of his corkbark. He's so cute

Attached Files: