1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your tarantula's favorite sitting spot

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Moakmeister, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Moakmeister

Moakmeister Arachnobaron

Texas
    Advertisement
    It seems like every tarantula has its own favorite place to sit all day. At least, the ones that actually come out of their burrows. My G. pulchripes is almost mever inside his hide, but he is always on top of it
    IMG_8039.JPG
    He's ALWAYS there, and it's very rare to see him on the ground. He just likes sitting on the roof of his house, contemplating the future, hopeful for his time to one day find a lovely lady spider and produce offspring so he can live on after he's gone.

That or he's just a tarantula with no capacity to think of any such thing who just likes that particular spot. What's your tarantula's favorite sitting place?

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. JoshDM020

JoshDM020 Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

My Avicularia avicularia likes to sit in a piece of upside down corkbark that i glued to the top of her enclosure. I added it when i accidentally broke the door off of her enclosure about a month ago. Was not a fun day. Shes actually sealed herself in there at the moment.
    My Acanthoscurria geniculata sling has built a weird web cone on a plastic leaf that she likes to sit in.
    My GBB just kinda sits on his corkbark. Webbed one end of it and he seems happy with that for now. Thinking of moving him to a smaller enclosure soon just to see how it effects his behavior.
    My Aphonopelma seemani just stands in the middle of his enclosure and grooms almost constantly. CanNOT figure him out.

• Like Like x 3
  3. CJW

CJW Arachnopeon

My B.hamorii seems to go wherever is warmest. It used to sit in one corner of the enclosure all the time and since moving its enclosure it hasn't been there since. It seems to always go to the side closest to the window.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

Both of my Lasiodoras sit on top of their hides, all the others either sit at the entrance of their burrow/web tube or are too busy patrolling their enclosures.

• Like Like x 1
  5. spotropaicsav

spotropaicsav Arachnobaron Active Member

Burrow/webtube entrance for mine

• Like Like x 1
  6. Devin B

Devin B Arachnobaron

My OBT sling is always sitting on top og the racoon skull in its enclosure. Well if hes not in his burrow anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Marika

Marika Arachnobaron Active Member

My G. pulchra juvie likes to sit on his corkbark, doesn't use it as a hide. He also likes the corner behind the corkbark.
    DSC02554 – kopio.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. Colette

Colette Arachnopeon

UK
    My G pulchra sling is exactly the same, never hides and is always on the bark.

9. keks

keks Arachnobaron Active Member

My G. pulchra is always BEHIND the bark. Mostly I can see only 2 or 3 tiptoes :shifty:.

10. darkness975

darkness975 Dream Reaper Arachnosupporter

Most of mine tend to sit either in the center of the Enclosure (facing any direction) or right in front of the hide with their back end facing the hide.

Except my B. hamorii. That one spends as much time on the wall as she does on the substrate and it is kind of irritating to be honest. Not much I can really do about it though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Lollipop Lollipop x 1
  11. beaker41

beaker41 Arachnoknight

Mine are all different, my LP is a roof sitter most times, my smithies are both water dish sitters as soon as the dish goes dry, my pzb and albos are big time burrow hiders, my tiger rumps seem to always be perched by the feed hole ready to pounce. I had a Chaco that would always sit rump down in her cork round like it was a jacuzzi, so much so that when I sold her the cork round had to go with her, yet my other 3 Chaco's have always been content sitting right in the open on the substrate. My boehemi's and vagans seem to like to mix it up everywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  12. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

I don't have scientific data, but I've always suspected they prefer harder substances than softer sub, as it provides them better footing, helpful when you have 8 legs. I could be wrong though.

13. ShyDragoness

ShyDragoness Arachnoknight Active Member

Kovu my B.Albopilosum juvie always seems to sit on top of his hide, never seen him in it, tho Curly Fries the B.Albo sling is the most burrowing burrower that ever burrowed a burrow and hasnt even ventured to his hide once since settling in!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. The G.pulchripes that I have like to stay beside their hides. Not in them, beside them. One of my P.cambridgi slings has built it's nest inside a hole in its cork bark. Not between it and the side of the tub like every other p.cam I've had. Everyone else is in its burrow. Oh, and this G.rosea sits on its cork. Never under, just on

15. Walker253

Walker253 Arachnobaron

Everyone of my tarantulas has the same favorite sitting spot. Right there.

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Draketeeth

Draketeeth Arachnoknight

USA
    That's my G.pulchripes too. When anyone asks why, I tell them it has a dirt allergy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. I rarely see my terrestrials under their hides -- they usually sit on top, if they are near it at all.
    Rosie used to pose half under hide, half out but that been a while back.

18. ShyDragoness

ShyDragoness Arachnoknight Active Member

Of course to show me up Kovu was in his hide last night :dead: for the first time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. MrTwister

MrTwister Arachnosquire

I can find my L.p and B.vagans sitting on top of their hides day and night.

20. Gillian Pajor

Gillian Pajor Arachnosquire

My Brachypelma albiceps likes to sit in the dead center of the cage for some reason. When he sees something on the outside move, he kind of draws towards that and depending on what it is depends if he stays and ignores it or runs in opposite direction