Your First Old World Tarantula?

What was your first Old World tarantula?

• Total voters

Elliot Dash

Arachnopeon
So my first old world is a wierd one . So my first old world is a psalempeous irminia the venuzaulen suntiger . And i was not ment to buy it. The place i bought it from ran out of h incie so i decided to get a 2cm suntiger. Its not a BIG mistake but if youve only kept juvis and adults its tough

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
So my first old world is a wierd one . So my first old world is a psalempeous irminia the venuzaulen suntiger . And i was not ment to buy it. The place i bought it from ran out of h incie so i decided to get a 2cm suntiger. Its not a BIG mistake but if youve only kept juvis and adults its tough
Uh, that’s not an Old World, bud.

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
well its kinda debateble. They act like OW but are from south america. But they do have a painfull bite. I comsider them a OW
Reading this while preparing to zoogeography exam is causing me stress curl (inspired by Luka98 :D). Being sligtly more defensive doesnt make neotropical spider an "OW" in any way. :banghead:

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
well its kinda debateble. They act like OW but are from south america. But they do have a painfull bite. I comsider them a OW
Do you know what old and new world is?
Nothing debateble about it unless you're planing on moving the americas into Africa Europe and Asia

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
While their attitude and, let's be honest, aesthetics and venom potency (Psalmopoeus species carry a quite annoying venom, altough not 'OW's higher') may resemble OW's arboreal ones, they aren't: they are Theraphosidae from the American continent, therefore NW's.

With that said, who am I for say to another person what he/she should consider legit or not?

For instance, an acquaintance of my family, many but many years ago, spotted the 'Rat Man' under the sink (he was a plumber) and he said that the 'Rat Man' tried to grab him. Now he had Delirium Tremens, therefore he really saw that... the 'Rat Man' was real, for him :writer:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
It's not even remotely debatable.

"Old World" and "New World" designations are based solely on where the species is from.

If it comes from the Americas then it's a New World species regardless of speed/defensiveness/venom potency.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Clearly you are a troll, have fun with your NW T.

No one cares what you consider them when you blatantly wrong due to science.

It’s a fact. Perhaps you are related to Donald Trump

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Yes i know what OW And NW mean. I just reaserched it and saw a couple of vids and most of them said it was debatble.
I don't know where you're getting you're videos from maybe those cheap knock off dvds you get down the pub? New world is the Americas and old world is everywhere else and last I checked Venezuela was in South America maybe I'm wrong though

Elliot Dash

Arachnopeon
O
Reading this while preparing to zoogeography exam is causing me stress curl (inspired by Luka98 :D). Being sligtly more defensive doesnt make neotropical spider an "OW" in any way. :banghead:
Thank you . I didnt know my comment would 'blow up' . I probably looked on the wrong sites . Good luck on your exam tho

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yes i know what OW And NW mean. I just reaserched it and saw a couple of vids and most of them said it was debatble.
Once I was in an England based culinary Forum and I can guarantee you 100% that, for my (amazingly higher) Italian standards and natural common sense everything I've read was debatable.

But latitudes and longitudes aren't :writer:

Elliot Dash

Arachnopeon
I don't know where you're getting you're videos from maybe those cheap knock off dvds you get down the pub? New world is the Americas and old world is everywhere else and last I checked Venezuela was in South America maybe I'm wrong though
well then i acording to everyone on here an wrong.