Your First Old World Tarantula?

What was your first Old World tarantula?

• Total voters

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
Ik I'm an idiot but it was cheap so I bought it, also I have some of the faster more aggressive NWs so I'm not totally a noob but yes I understand that H.macs are not the best
Give them adequate room and hiding places and you'll be fine. Try to keep them in bigger enclosures than you generally would for a sling/juvie of that size so you don't have to rehouse as quickly. You always have the boards for assistance.

cold blood

Staff member
H. macs are always one of the cheapest ts available on the planet...people breeding them can't give them away. Possible the worst, or one of the top 5 worst beginner OW species of all time...super advanced species.

My first was A. ezendami...one of the best OW starter species.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ik I'm an idiot but it was cheap so I bought it, also I have some of the faster more aggressive NWs so I'm not totally a noob but yes I understand that H.macs are not the best
There are faster NWs, like Tapi's. More defensive than H. macs from the NW..hmmm such as?

There's a reason they are so cheap.

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
My first old world was Cyriopagopus Vonwirthi. I seriously love old world species and I can’t wait to get more, as of right now I only have 2
Cyriopagopus Vonwirthi
Ceratogyrus sp. unknown

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have an E.murinus that is super skidish and defensive and I've also kept Tapinauchenius gigas
You can't get any faster than a Tapi, most would agree. The murinus, skittish yes, but nothing compared to H. mac. Good luck!

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
My first old world was P. Miranda, same one that's in my profile pic. Second one was this C. Fimbriatus. Resized_20180317_193656_8974.jpeg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
So I bought my first ow today it's an H.mac 1/2 inch sling, i offered her food and she took it immediately, I was just wondering wondering what some of your first OWs were
Moderator note: I merged this thread with a previous thread asking the same question. (Feel free to vote in the poll at the top if you haven't already.) Carry on!

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
My first old world was Cyriopagopus Vonwirthi. I seriously love old world species and I can’t wait to get more, as of right now I only have 2
Cyriopagopus Vonwirthi
Ceratogyrus sp. unknown
Update, I found out recently my Ceratogyrus is a Ceratogyrus Marshalli

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
I started with a Chilobrachys sp. Vietnam blue, only 2 months after I get into creepy crawlies. I wanted something fast to begin with OW, but finally, never had any problem with her :D

I named her Nanachi in reference to an anime (Made In Abyss), where caracters are all meant to dig :p

Received 04/11/2017 from Spidersworld
20171104_092416.jpg

And now, 4 months afterward, 21/03/2018 (she molted twice in my care)
20180319_185358.jpg

Soon getting an OBT to step up

Last edited: