Your best/happiest T moment. For fun.

Drenthrium

Arachnopeon
I want to hear happy and neat moments from T owners. Owning Ts has helped me with my Depression and Anxiety so far. And I would love to hear about your experiences.
Because everyone deserves a smile.
So far one of my best experiences is that my mother named my T after being a long time arachnophobe. She now is happy about my Aphonopelma and we can live somehow quieter here. She called him "Patitas" (Spanish for little legs).
1533702184052.jpg
Here's patitas

Jayk

Arachnopeon
My C.Versi (Houdini) got out of the enclosure as I was doing some maintenance last night (wiping up poop and giving new water), I let the little guy run onto my finger so I could put it back inside, and then all of 2 seconds after being on my finger, it lifts its butt high into the sky and sent poop flying onto my wall, got some impressive distance (about 2 feet) from such a tiny sling (1/4")

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Every time i get a new one!

Feeding days.

Every time there is a successful molt.

Every time i am able to cinclusively sex one (reguardles of if it ends up male or female)

Having my kids want to see them (instead of freak out or squish them like most people)

Learning new things about them almost every day. (I like to learn and Tarantulas offer plenty to learn about)

Getting the spider back into its enclosure without me being bit or spider being harmed. (for the couple instances where i was dumb but lucky)

Just marveling at their awesomeness every day in my free time (when i should actually be working on my house...)

Having the oportunity to help teach other people on the forum.

I enjoy ALMOST every aspect of the hobby so far except for:

Running out of money because i buy too many spiders

knowing that there are some REALLY awesome ones out there that i will likely never be able to witness myself due to availability and/or price.

And running out of room for more spiders (It will be a sad day when i can't solve this by rearanging the spider room, again...)

Katiekooleyes

Arachnosquire
Not had mine long, so not many experiences. However, mine would be the day I realised she accepted her enclosure as her new home. I noticed a bit of movement going on at the corner of my eye. Looked around, and saw her spinning her web. She's completed it, along with a tiny "dug out" now. When she did that, I knew she was comfortable in her new home.

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
One moment that gave me a chuckle was when I was filming my E. Sp red while feeding and it went so hard after a roach that it flipped on its back :rofl:

Minty

@londontarantulas
When my Lapropelma violaceopes moulted and I confirmed her as a female.

Also, when my wife felt comfortable enough to start feeding my first tarantula, then deciding she wanted one (or three) of her own at BTS 2018.

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
Really happy being able to start the hobby this year.

It also taught me a lot about the virtue of patience. Lots of patience in waiting for somebody to molt and grow or for somebody to at last come out of their holes. :rofl:

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Raising a tiny sling into an impressive adult specimen always makes me feel so accomplished, no matter how many times I do it. It is even more awesome if they are slings I produced... watching them go from EWLs to real spiders is so amazing.

Honestly, I just love observing them... they are so calming and peaceful. In a chaotic human world, they are my escape :)

miamc12321

Arachnopeon
After weeks of being burrowed, finding my B hamori alive, well, and active. Now he/she won't even use the small hide!

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
There's a few for me. One early one was when I brought my first T - a P. irminia - back from the brink of death. She's now healthy and going strong.

The other one that comes to mind is coming home the other night to find my P. reduncus I've had for about 3 months dropped a sac despite not having been paired... By me. I confirmed with her previous owner that there's a possibility she double clutched from her last pairing and the sac is viable. Fingers crossed! :)