Your 2019 Tarantula Wishlist?

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I make a list of ten realistic purchases that changes over time. But the species that have been on my list for a while are:

C. marshalli
C. darlingi
B. klaasi
B. albiceps
H. namaquensis
H. cafreriana
P. sp. machala
T. stirmi
P. irminia

This part of the list hasn't changed much, the tenth spot changes often, right now it is B. Boehmei. That is my short list for additions I plan to get in 2019, however you all know where planning gets you: more additions than you have listed.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I’d like to get a Theraphosa for sure, possibly some more Pamphos and Phormics, but I’d like for the ones I have to grow a bit. Depending on price, possibly a P. nigricolor and insignis as well.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Phormingochilus carpenteri. Poecilotheria smithi, hanumavilasumica, Formosa, fasciata.

Galaxyblues

Arachnopeon
On Jan 1st this year I certainly never pictured myself having the massive variety of invertebrates I have now 12 months later. What I found particularly enjoyable were a few smaller additions like my golden wishbones and curtain webs.
Owning some of the deadliest spiders on the planet has been particularly humbling and enjoyable, it is a weighty responsibility that you should never get into just to show off to other keepers. 1 mistake when dealing with Hadronyche or Atrax sp could be deadly, but once again I never thought I'd be owning them and loving them.
Here's a few of my year highlights

Anyway, my massive progress in the hobby this year leave little room for additions next year. My number one goal is now to find the largest, awesomest, fiercest, rarest of the wishbone spiders, Xiamatus Magnificus (I have some photos below, full credit to Robert Whyte for these fantastic photos). That would be the icing on the cake for my collection and I would be so happy to have one. I would also welcome M.Occatoria, H.Infensa and H.Formidabilis. For tarantulas I'd definitely love Phlogius Sarina
So, what about everyone else? I'm sure there's plenty of amazing species out there you're all desperate to get your hands on. Perhaps you are on a mission to convince your parents that spiders are actually friends! Or maybe just sit back and admire what you have for a while. Have any planned nature adventures? I thought it would be a nice idea to share everyone's plans for next year. Use this a checklist to come back and tick off! So let's hear it all!
Here's the X.Magnificus (once again, I take no credit for these photos by Robert Whyte) View attachment 294148 View attachment 294149
You know what could be another great add? A Brazilian blue.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Phormingochilus carpenteri. Poecilotheria smithi, hanumavilasumica, Formosa, fasciata.
Actually might be getting some Pokies next year, planning a trip to the motherland and if I’m able to see some in the wild, it might just convince me to keep some lol. that and the ones on your IG are gorgeous

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I'm actually going in a trip to Yellowstone national Park next year, I would absolutely love to see a wild tarantula there but not sure if there's any around. Can anyone confirm if there are any T's in that area?

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
I'm actually going in a trip to Yellowstone national Park next year, I would absolutely love to see a wild tarantula there but not sure if there's any around. Can anyone confirm if there are any T's in that area?
Let's ask Google!

https://zookeys.pensoft.net/article/6264/list/6/

Doesn't look like it.

I'm thinking..
C. versicolor
P. irminia
More Nhandu
P. muticus
And some ANTS

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I’d be careful searching around in National Parks, seeing one is alright, but actively flipping stones/rocks/etc. can land you in some hot water.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I’d be careful searching around in National Parks, seeing one is alright, but actively flipping stones/rocks/etc. can land you in some hot water.
I wasn't planning on it but it's good info I'll keep in mind. Thank you!

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Quite litetally if its in yellowstone. LOL. Seriously don't wander off. Falling through the ground into boiling water seems like a miserable way to go...

Yellow stone is pretty awesome though. i haven't gone since elementary school but all the formations are just amazing. Old faithful is a little overated IMO but still cool. :snaphappy:

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
Would love some more tarantulas. Specifically Phlogius sarina and Selenotholus sp “kotzman”. Already looking at getting some more centipedes, most of the WA or NT colour forms of Scolopendra morsitans and any of the few yellow patternless forms of E. rubripes would be awesome but unlikely. Would love some of the blue legged red S. morsitans though. Would also like some of the Arbanitis sp, there’s one in the Canberra botanic gardens that is apparently mostly arboreal and burrows into fern tree trunks

ATTACH=full]294148[/ATTACH] View attachment 294149
Think I’ll add one of those to the list

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Would love some more tarantulas. Specifically Phlogius sarina and Selenotholus sp “kotzman”. Already looking at getting some more centipedes, most of the WA or NT colour forms of Scolopendra morsitans and any of the few yellow patternless forms of E. rubripes would be awesome but unlikely. Would love some of the blue legged red S. morsitans though. Would also like some of the Arbanitis sp, there’s one in the Canberra botanic gardens that is apparently mostly arboreal and burrows into fern tree trunks

Think I’ll add one of those to the list
I've got plenty of Arbanitis if you want any, as well as 6 gravid females from the Northern rivers, I also know a breeder for blue leg form of S.Morsitans.

I'm very curious about this tree fern burrowing one, I'm collecting a tube building species this Sunday but semi arboreal is pretty cool

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
I've got plenty of Arbanitis if you want any, as well as 6 gravid females from the Northern rivers, I also know a breeder for blue leg form of S.Morsitans.

I'm very curious about this tree fern burrowing one, I'm collecting a tube building species this Sunday but semi arboreal is pretty cool
I’d have to wait till next year to get anything. I’m out in WA and a long way from home. The Arbanitis I’m talking about are only really found in the botanical gardens in Canberra in tree ferns, but the tree ferns aren’t from the area so it’s a bit of a mystery as to where they’re from

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I’d have to wait till next year to get anything. I’m out in WA and a long way from home. The Arbanitis I’m talking about are only really found in the botanical gardens in Canberra in tree ferns, but the tree ferns aren’t from the area so it’s a bit of a mystery as to where they’re from
All the Arbanitis I come across are endemic to very small colonies that seem to make do with whatever environment they have, so the concentration doesn't surprise me. It may be that the ferns are similar to their original preferred habitat. Very interesting, let us know how you go and I'd be 100% interested in one if you got a couple

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
All the Arbanitis I come across are endemic to very small colonies that seem to make do with whatever environment they have, so the concentration doesn't surprise me. It may be that the ferns are similar to their original preferred habitat. Very interesting, let us know how you go and I'd be 100% interested in one if you got a couple
I hope I can get some. Only seen them on Facebook so far and none for sale yet

RepublicofTexas81

Arachnopeon
I am hoping actual get my first tarantula(s) in 2019. Looking to start with A. hentzi, and possibly some of the other NW terrestrials.