Your 2019 Tarantula Wishlist?

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Hey no problem, they are rather expensive just to be aware... upwards 150€ for a 2cm sling. Cheapest I’ve ever seen one was 120€ for a 2.5cm female sling.. as soon I was bout to click add to cart it sold out :punch: was in 2016, never seen it below 135€ for a 2cm sadly... this is the only reason why I haven’t owned one yet. Same for P.Metallica, so expensive.
Some of the best seem to be like that! There's a few I really want but there's just not a lot out there. Can always hope the situation might change I guess.

Bierschneeman

Arachnopeon
I'm surprised these are not on more first OW lists. Most find them to be shy, retreating rather threat displaying. From what little I could find on their venom says it's wasp sting level. They are fast, and need moist substrate. My two are pretty laid back, good eaters, and are a more subdued orange color than a OBT, but still amazing looking. Overall if you're planning on getting into OWs, they are a good place to start.
my master want list has species im not ready for (OW) buried in the back page, except the Orphanaecus phillipinus, that one permanently sits as first line, front page. as soon as I am ready for an OW, thats the one i want.

8LeggedLair

Arachnoknight
my master want list has species im not ready for (OW) buried in the back page, except the Orphanaecus phillipinus, that one permanently sits as first line, front page. as soon as I am ready for an OW, thats the one i want.
Which T’s do you currently keep?

do your homework on the specific OW you’d like to get. Others will Say NO WAY you gotta do this and you gotta do that... which is somewhat true. However also
If you do your research ( not care sheets ) about the T then you will know that most OW are very Fast, agile, and defensive. So you already know to be extra cautious. As you gain more knowledge and experience you will know when you are ready. My bud started on OW, his was a P. Miranda.

Last edited:

Bierschneeman

Arachnopeon
I've always wanted that t! it's funny cause that's a local specie here in the philippines but i can't find anyone that sells them. How much do they sell for there?
ive seen them for $50 usd
this is extra funny to me because every pet store and show i see my local species (Aphonopelma hentzi, Texas brown) most wild caught.
and i can also often find another native but not local to my area, Aphonopelma chalcodes (Arizona blond)

PS the latin, Aphonopelma. is that blond haired? or silent feet?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
im going to ask santa for:
an M balfouri, P solaris, x immanis, and Chilobrachys electric blue.

and if santa really loves me...T seladonia:confused:
Def post photos of the solaris if you get it, I’m waiting for it to drop $2-300 in price lol

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My 2019 Wish list, in no particular order...

P. subfusca LL
O. phillipinus
G. pulchra
G. rosea
A. minatrix (my birthday is next month if someone wants to get me the AF currently posted in the Classifieds :p)

Chilobrachys sp. electric blue and Poecilotheria subfusca LL were on mine. I have the subfusca and the electric blue is on its way, along with another B.albo.

I really want a nice new world next.
I desperately want a LL. I snatched up an HL before the restrictions started, but now I have to find someone in California with LL.

2. orphanaecus phillipinus
I feel like no one else loves this species!

Minty

@londontarantulas
I desperately want a LL. I snatched up an HL before the restrictions started, but now I have to find someone in California with LL.
Is it not possible for you to pick one up in another state and drive back with it?

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Is it not possible for you to pick one up in another state and drive back with it?
I don't think any type of interstate travel is legal? I know with Reticulated pythons, you cannot take them across state lines *at all* (they are governed by a different law... but that is what I am familiar with. )

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I don't think any type of interstate travel is legal?
You can take it across a state border as long as it's not being sold to someone outside of where you left from. So if I left Texas to Oklahoma I could take all the Pokies I wanted, as long I didn't sell any of them.