Your 2019 Tarantula Wishlist?

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I merged this thread with an earlier "wish list" thread. Carry on!

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I’ve expanded my list: M. robustum, Ornithoctoninae sp. ho chi minh, C. Sp. sumatran tiger, O. aureotibialis.

FeralTami

Arachnopeon
My list so far is:

Eupalaestrus campestratus

Aphonopelma chalcodes

Brachypelma emilia

Not very spectacular but I think they're really beautiful Ts and for the life of me I can't find the first two anywhere near me, but I'll keep looking :)

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
As far as what's on my wishlist I've been on a Brachypelma kick recently so pretty much any Brachypelma other then B albo, klassi and hamorii.
Get a vagans, its temperament is different from other Brachypelma species. B auratum and emilia are also great additions.

Last edited:

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
I only have 9 tarantulas so my wishlist is pretty infinite right now -- but these are the ones that are at the top of the list right now. Hoping to do a big order for my birthday at the end of the summer and knock a bunch of these off the list.

Monocentropus balfouri
Brachypelma vagans
Poecilotheria subfusca
Tapinauchenius violaceus
Pamphobeteus platyomma
Psalmopeus irminia
Grammostola rosea
Aphonopelma hentzi
Ceratogyrus Marshalli
Lampropelma Nigerrimum
Aphonopelma chalcodes
Brachypelma albopilosum
Pterinochilus murinus
Homoeomma chilensis
Cyriocosmus elegans

Nickjuliaschick

Arachnopeon
My wish list is more or less put blinders on and try and get more focus on what I want.
I think right now though I would like to focus on helping my wife as she is starting to show interest. She really likes c. Versicolor.
Sometimes I find myself spinning in circles because their are so many cool Ts out there.

Liam52

Arachnopeon
I’m still pretty new to the hobby, so I’d say I wanna stick to New World species for 2019, and mayyyybe round the year off with my first old world. That being said:

1. C. cyaneopubescens
2. A. seemanni
3. G. rosea
4. B. smithi
5. A. johnnycashi

(If anyone has seen a true A. johnnycashi in the hobby, please reach out to me. Would LOVE to have one in the collection ASAP. They were only recently discovered so I can’t get my hopes too high)

Nekes

Arachnopeon
Brachypelma epicuraneum
Brachypelma smithi (ex annitha)
Ik zou graag dezelfde species as you, grts from Belgium and if you could point me in the right direction it would be great

Last edited by a moderator:

Killertut

Arachnosquire
Nekes kindly provided me with a person that sells B. baumgarteni, sexed males and females, not slings. i am soooo gonna get one (around 40€ for a sexed female).
only other offer for B. baumgarteni that i found before getting this sellers information was somebody selling slings for more than 50€.

Brachypelma collection (except for the species not in the hobby) completed as soon as this one arrives!:D

Nekes

Arachnopeon
Nekes heeft me vriendelijk een persoon gegeven die B. baumgarteni, geslachtsde mannen en vrouwen, geen stroppen verkoopt. ik krijg er zo een (ongeveer 40 € voor een gesekst vrouwtje).
alleen een andere aanbieding voor B. baumgarteni die ik vond voordat ik deze verkoperinformatie kreeg, was iemand die slingers verkocht voor meer dan 50 €.

Brachypelma-verzameling (behalve de soorten die niet in de hobby zijn), voltooid zodra deze aankomt! : D
Heb je het al besteld?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
I’m still pretty new to the hobby, so I’d say I wanna stick to New World species for 2019, and mayyyybe round the year off with my first old world...
That's something I've said before, prepare for OWs by the end of the year. Guess what? I got my first C. darlingi a bit less than month ago and then small C. marshalli sling not too long after that. Hopefully you can actually manage to keep that plan, unlike some other people (e.g. I).

That being said, I guess I need a new plan for 2019. Currently with 14 tarantulas in my collection I've decided to go for variety. All except 2 are NW and I have everything - terrestrials, arboreals and fossorials... almost everything, they are juvies at their biggest. So now I'm thinking about expanding my OW collection and maybe go for some Chilobrachys, L. violaceopes wouldn't be that bad as I love all blue spoods. In the end, before 2020 begins I'd like to have one or two pokies and collection not bigger than 20 Ts.

And some honorable mentions that are must get if price is low enough:
- P. victori
- K. brunnipes
- E. campestratus
- P. langenbucheri
- H. chilensis

Marika

Arachnoangel
I think this is my current wishlist.

Definitely:
T. cyaneolum
Grammostola sp. Concepcion

Maybe:
G. grossa
D. pentaloris
Theraposinae sp. Panama
some Aphonopelma sp.
E. campestratus

Maybe maybe:
G. porteri
B. emilia
B. albiceps
B. albopilosum

I don't have much shelf space and I already have 6 Ts and other inverts...so that's a big problem. I guess I need to figure out something, because I can't just stop buying spiders, that's not an option :confused:

Lyrognathus

Arachnosquire
Poecilotheria rufilata
Avicularia metallica/juruensis
Neostenotarsus sp. French Guyana
Aphonopelma chalcodes
Cyriocosmus perezmilesi
Plesiopelma sp. Bolivia
Brachypelma boehmei
B. emilia
Vitalius paranaensis
Lyrognathus sp.
Caribena versicolor
Ybyrapora diversipes

Not too sure how many of them I'll end up getting, but this is the extent of my wishlist nonetheless. It used to be much larger, but I'm getting an import in June that pretty much cut it in two!

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
More Pterinochilus murinus localities.
More Pterinochilus species in general, I suddenly find myself enamored with the genus...
More Poecis.
More Psalmos.

Would love to get my hands on H. chilensis - STILL kicking myself for passing on getting a couple slings when I had the opportunity. Debating on finally picking up my S. calceatum's fairer cousin and eyeballing H. himalayana pretty hard.

Several other species strike my fancy, but nothing that screams "want!" at me, and I'm hoping to switch focus and try my hand at breeding this year; have a young MF P. reduncus that laid a phantom sac last year, and a couple of N. incei I'm hoping to pair as my first breeding attempt once the male matures (I believe he may be penultimate). Also have a juvie male B. cabocla that I think may mature this year, but I'm nervous to pair him with my MF after hearing about their notoriety for eating their boyfriends. :anxious:

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
I'm going to TRY and not buy a ton of T's this year..... So the few that I'm aiming for are:
Theraphosa stirmi
Cyriopagopus lividum
Nhandu Tripepii
Grammostlola pulchra
Brachypelma auratum

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Bumba cabocla
Maybe something Hysterocrates, Phormictopus, or Theraphosa of some sort.
My wife wants a Poecilotheria rufilata
I've been looking to get some Latrodectus sp.
I'm getting more into scorpions, would like to pick up a few more. Don't really have specific species in mind, just not any hots.
At some point, I'd like to get my first centipede.

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
More Pterinochilus murinus localities.
More Pterinochilus species in general, I suddenly find myself enamored with the genus...
More Poecis.
More Psalmos.

Would love to get my hands on H. chilensis - STILL kicking myself for passing on getting a couple slings when I had the opportunity. Debating on finally picking up my S. calceatum's fairer cousin and eyeballing H. himalayana pretty hard.

Several other species strike my fancy, but nothing that screams "want!" at me, and I'm hoping to switch focus and try my hand at breeding this year; have a young MF P. reduncus that laid a phantom sac last year, and a couple of N. incei I'm hoping to pair as my first breeding attempt once the male matures (I believe he may be penultimate). Also have a juvie male B. cabocla that I think may mature this year, but I'm nervous to pair him with my MF after hearing about their notoriety for eating their boyfriends. :anxious:
I hear you on the H. Chilensis. I saw them going for around $30 for tiny slings a year or two ago. I Wish I would have grabbed a few up...