1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your 2019 Tarantula Wishlist?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by JamesGSixx, Nov 6, 2018.

1. SonsofArachne

SonsofArachne Arachnodemon Active Member

Advertisement
    Sorry, not on my radar :)

2. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

I merged this thread with an earlier "wish list" thread. Carry on!

3. FrDoc

FrDoc Arachnobaron Active Member

Dixie
    I’ve expanded my list: M. robustum, Ornithoctoninae sp. ho chi minh, C. Sp. sumatran tiger, O. aureotibialis.

4. FeralTami

FeralTami Arachnopeon

My list so far is:

Eupalaestrus campestratus

Aphonopelma chalcodes

Brachypelma emilia

Not very spectacular but I think they're really beautiful Ts and for the life of me I can't find the first two anywhere near me, but I'll keep looking :)

5. Get a vagans, its temperament is different from other Brachypelma species. B auratum and emilia are also great additions.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. korlash091

korlash091 Arachnosquire

MÉXICO
    Caribena versicolor

• Like Like x 1
  7. baconwrappedpikachu

baconwrappedpikachu Arachnosquire Active Member

I only have 9 tarantulas so my wishlist is pretty infinite right now -- but these are the ones that are at the top of the list right now. Hoping to do a big order for my birthday at the end of the summer and knock a bunch of these off the list.

Monocentropus balfouri
    Brachypelma vagans
    Poecilotheria subfusca
    Tapinauchenius violaceus
    Pamphobeteus platyomma
    Psalmopeus irminia
    Grammostola rosea
    Aphonopelma hentzi
    Ceratogyrus Marshalli
    Lampropelma Nigerrimum
    Aphonopelma chalcodes
    Brachypelma albopilosum
    Pterinochilus murinus
    Homoeomma chilensis
    Cyriocosmus elegans

8. My wish list is more or less put blinders on and try and get more focus on what I want.
    I think right now though I would like to focus on helping my wife as she is starting to show interest. She really likes c. Versicolor.
    Sometimes I find myself spinning in circles because their are so many cool Ts out there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Liam52

Liam52 Arachnopeon

USA
    I’m still pretty new to the hobby, so I’d say I wanna stick to New World species for 2019, and mayyyybe round the year off with my first old world. That being said:

1. C. cyaneopubescens
    2. A. seemanni
    3. G. rosea
    4. B. smithi
    5. A. johnnycashi

(If anyone has seen a true A. johnnycashi in the hobby, please reach out to me. Would LOVE to have one in the collection ASAP. They were only recently discovered so I can’t get my hopes too high)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Nekes

Nekes Arachnopeon

Balen
    Ik zou graag dezelfde species as you, grts from Belgium and if you could point me in the right direction it would be great

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2019
  11. Killertut

Killertut Arachnosquire Active Member

Germany
    Nekes kindly provided me with a person that sells B. baumgarteni, sexed males and females, not slings. i am soooo gonna get one (around 40€ for a sexed female).
    only other offer for B. baumgarteni that i found before getting this sellers information was somebody selling slings for more than 50€.

Brachypelma collection (except for the species not in the hobby) completed as soon as this one arrives!:D

12. Nekes

Nekes Arachnopeon

Balen
    Heb je het al besteld?

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2019
  13. Hoxter

Hoxter Arachnosquire

China
    That's something I've said before, prepare for OWs by the end of the year. Guess what? I got my first C. darlingi a bit less than month ago and then small C. marshalli sling not too long after that. Hopefully you can actually manage to keep that plan, unlike some other people (e.g. I).

That being said, I guess I need a new plan for 2019. Currently with 14 tarantulas in my collection I've decided to go for variety. All except 2 are NW and I have everything - terrestrials, arboreals and fossorials... almost everything, they are juvies at their biggest. So now I'm thinking about expanding my OW collection and maybe go for some Chilobrachys, L. violaceopes wouldn't be that bad as I love all blue spoods. In the end, before 2020 begins I'd like to have one or two pokies and collection not bigger than 20 Ts.

And some honorable mentions that are must get if price is low enough:
    - P. victori
    - K. brunnipes
    - E. campestratus
    - P. langenbucheri
    - H. chilensis

14. Marika

Marika Arachnobaron Active Member

Finland
    I think this is my current wishlist.

Definitely:
    T. cyaneolum
    Grammostola sp. Concepcion

Maybe:
    G. grossa
    D. pentaloris
    Theraposinae sp. Panama
    some Aphonopelma sp.
    E. campestratus

Maybe maybe:
    G. porteri
    B. emilia
    B. albiceps
    B. albopilosum

I don't have much shelf space and I already have 6 Ts and other inverts...so that's a big problem. I guess I need to figure out something, because I can't just stop buying spiders, that's not an option :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lyrognathus

Lyrognathus Arachnosquire

Poecilotheria rufilata
    Avicularia metallica/juruensis
    Neostenotarsus sp. French Guyana
    Aphonopelma chalcodes
    Cyriocosmus perezmilesi
    Plesiopelma sp. Bolivia
    Brachypelma boehmei
    B. emilia
    Vitalius paranaensis
    Lyrognathus sp.
    Caribena versicolor
    Ybyrapora diversipes

Not too sure how many of them I'll end up getting, but this is the extent of my wishlist nonetheless. It used to be much larger, but I'm getting an import in June that pretty much cut it in two!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Arachnophoric

Arachnophoric Arachnodemon Active Member

Iowa
    More Pterinochilus murinus localities.
    More Pterinochilus species in general, I suddenly find myself enamored with the genus...
    More Poecis.
    More Psalmos.

Would love to get my hands on H. chilensis - STILL kicking myself for passing on getting a couple slings when I had the opportunity. Debating on finally picking up my S. calceatum's fairer cousin and eyeballing H. himalayana pretty hard.

Several other species strike my fancy, but nothing that screams "want!" at me, and I'm hoping to switch focus and try my hand at breeding this year; have a young MF P. reduncus that laid a phantom sac last year, and a couple of N. incei I'm hoping to pair as my first breeding attempt once the male matures (I believe he may be penultimate). Also have a juvie male B. cabocla that I think may mature this year, but I'm nervous to pair him with my MF after hearing about their notoriety for eating their boyfriends. :nailbiting:

17. Ztesch

Ztesch Arachnoknight

I'm going to TRY and not buy a ton of T's this year..... So the few that I'm aiming for are:
    Theraphosa stirmi
    Cyriopagopus lividum
    Nhandu Tripepii
    Grammostlola pulchra
    Brachypelma auratum

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. scott308

scott308 Arachnosquire Old Timer

Bumba cabocla
    Maybe something Hysterocrates, Phormictopus, or Theraphosa of some sort.
    My wife wants a Poecilotheria rufilata
    I've been looking to get some Latrodectus sp.
    I'm getting more into scorpions, would like to pick up a few more. Don't really have specific species in mind, just not any hots.
    At some point, I'd like to get my first centipede.

19. Ztesch

Ztesch Arachnoknight

I hear you on the H. Chilensis. I saw them going for around $30 for tiny slings a year or two ago. I Wish I would have grabbed a few up...

20. Enrgy

Enrgy Arachnosquire

lol @Chollie u don't like avics,stirmis or blondis?