Young pixie frog feeding

Billboosie

Arachnopeon
Hello again everyone. So I got a pixie frog recently. So far everything appears fine with the frog but I’d like some opinions from live bodies. I’ve read plenty of care sheets online that all have different answers, had him about 2 weeks.

I’m including pics of the enclosure and the frog. I house him alone. I know the tank is very large for his current size (40gal long) but I was told it would be fine as he would grow into it.

I use a infrared lamp to heat one side and the water. Water temp is typically between 78-82, dirt under the lamp is around 75-79 on surface. The other side of the cage gets as low as 70 but he is hardly ever there. I can’t find the answer to this anywhere but us the infrared lamp a bad choice? He gets plenty of natural sun light but I worry about it beaming down on him and his eyes.

I also had a bit of misinformation given to me regarding dusting. I got told to dust every meal with calcium, once a week with multivitamin and feed once a day. Eventually he began passing calcium. The last 3 days I fed with no dust. And now will start with 3 days a week.

All the care sheets say I should feed every day what he eats in 15 minutes but is that true? He’s started pooping in the feeding dish (I remove him from the cage to feed so he doesn’t eat dirt) after every meal. Am I over feeding?

Overall he seems very comfortable but I just want to avoid any problems. Thanks everyone who is willing to share knowledge.

9749F67B-0481-4A4A-8C28-AD6C49E64AE3.jpeg
F4E91B4E-D1A6-43E5-B15A-33736C31087F.jpeg
F6398C16-01EA-4868-BAFA-9E61E227573E.jpeg