young emp questions

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
K i have a basic idea of how to take care of it its just seems like its harder to find info on a young emp well harder then finding info on how to take care of one compared to a t sling, anywayz i wanna know the growth rate of emps the one i have is abut 1.5-2 inches how often it will be molting im assuming i sahould mist once every 4 days sorta like a sling and feed once every 4 days or is this incorrect...im sorry i know someone will get on me for not knowing enough before getting something, but its hard to find and this is only my second scorp also, so dont jump on me!!

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well after doing alittle search i have found alot of info i still have a question, how often do thse guys molt, at 1.5-2 inches, i know that every scorp is diffrent but what is probably the normal molt time that a 1.5-2 inch emp will molt just wondering also a couple other things are they totally helpless after a molt? Kinda like T's??Or can they pretty much defend themselves, also how long will it take for a emp to eat after a molt, sorry for my newbiness when it comes to scorps we all got to learn about them sometimes though:cool:

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Sean,

It will take three years for an emp to mature, in which time they will moult somewhere from five to seven times (it will be a narrower range for this specific species, and I suspect it is 6-7, but I can't remember for sure). At around the size you're talking about, you are already looking at a matter of months between moults.

While they aren't as soft as Ts, they are helpless and vulnerable to crickets after a moult. As for when they will eat, probably within a couple days at that size. Adults may take up to a week to harden completely.

Cheers,
Dave

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by skinheaddave
Sean,

It will take three years for an emp to mature, in which time they will moult somewhere from five to seven times (it will be a narrower range for this specific species, and I suspect it is 6-7, but I can't remember for sure). At around the size you're talking about, you are already looking at a matter of months between moults.

While they aren't as soft as Ts, they are helpless and vulnerable to crickets after a moult. As for when they will eat, probably within a couple days at that size. Adults may take up to a week to harden completely.

Cheers,
Dave
Thanks for the reply dave, so are they relativly slow growers as ar as scorps go or ar scorps in genral slow growers compared to T's

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
They are very slow growers. Many of the Buthidae will be mature in less than a year.

Cheers,
Dave