1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You'll want this

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by EulersK, Apr 19, 2017.

1. petkokc

petkokc Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    Just get led light like the one I use in my videos. It has "frosted" plastic cover and you can adjust the light intensity so it can be used as the "table".

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. EulersK

EulersK Arachnoengineer Arachnosupporter

That would be the easier (and probably more functional) solution, but man, there's something to be said about making something yourself. I'm sure you can sympathize ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. petkokc

petkokc Arachnosquire

4. Stella Maris

Stella Maris Arachnosquire Active Member

USA
    I haven't used a microscope for years...I'm thinking about picking one up but I'm not sure I would be able to get your model at the moment. At what magnification could you get a clear view of sexing a tarantula? Would one of those "cheaper" jeweler's microscopes or "kid" microscopes work just as well?

There's a science supply store around where I live and they have plenty of cool stuff like that.

5. gypsy cola

gypsy cola Arachnoknight Active Member

how does it connect with android? is it just an app or through or physical cord?

6. EulersK

A jeweler's microscope is exactly what I used for years. I could accurately sex slings at around 1" with it, and it had a max magnification of 45x. This standing scope is a hell of a lot easier, but I admit it was a bit of a frivolous purchase :D

Both, yes. You download the app, plug it in, and that's all. No calibration or setup involved. The cable that's connected to the scope is a 2-in-1: standard USB and micro USB.

7. gypsy cola

So USB type C should work then if one side is standard USB?

8. EulersK

Do you have a converter that is male-USB-C and female-USB? That's the only way it could work.

9. gypsy cola

I actually do... cool. Just added to wish list. Thanks!