You touch it.

bulbophyllum

Arachnosquire
First time I saw one of those in person was sitting outside at night drinking beer with a group of friends. A big adult male flew up to an outdoor light. Everyone stared "What the hell is that thing?!!" And me mister smarty pants said "That's a male dobson fly. They are harmless. blah blah." Just as the damn thing flew over and landed on my nose! I'm a macho dude but, I screamed like girl.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ha!, I'm an experienced centipede guy but once while watching TV in the dark(when I had a TV here), a giant heros centipede walked across the floor in front of the TV, it actually scared me for a second. OK, it was "two" seconds. It wasn't one that got out either.

DancingHare

Arachnopeon
When I first moved to SoCal and saw a Jerusalem Cricket for the first time, you should have heard the sound I made.

I appreciate them much more now though, I'd like to get one for a pet eventually!

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
A wingspan of 18 cm ! :eek::eek::eek:
That's not an insect, that's a plane with teeth!
They are huge. I found a dead one at my old job, so I put in a plastic bag and taped to wall in front of my desk. People would freak when they saw it, freak even more when I told them where I found it.:D