You see this massive pede

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I bet it's closer to 10" if that much. Notice there is no ruler next to it. He probably included the antennae and terminal legs which is not how you do it. And look at that thing, looks like it's been on a traction rack. He stretched that sucker out as farrrr as he could without ripping it in two.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Those photos are all the same. The pede is stretched out as far as it can go, the antennae and terminal legs are included in the mesurment and positioned to add a sense of length and there. It’s probably an 8-9 inch BL pede.

I just reread the article. I remember this was discussed before on here. That pede was probably not found in Hawaii. It looks like scolpendra gigantea, and the guy probably bought it online and lied to get his moment of fame. Stupid.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah that picture does look very familiar, seems like it's a couple of years old.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
The ringfurrow alone rules out any Hawaiian pede. I'd agree that it's a white legged gigantea, and a fairly average sized one at that.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
(quote)

‘I know people on the computer (who) collect these alive and keep ’em as pets. I don’t want that damn thing alive.’

Muahahahah :)