You People Stink! a.k.a. New Addiction..

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OK, ok.. so the title was a bit offensive :)

For months I lurked and about a month ago brought home my first T, an A. avicularia, and she's doing soo well now I decided my husbandry skills are building so it was time to find a few more kids ;)

Coming Wednesday from Paul @ PetCenterUSA we'll have 3 new arrivals and I'm so stoked. Have their enclosures done and just drying out the substrate now.

Incoming a B. smithi, A. metallica and a P. imurnia freebie!

Can't wait and I honestly blame this forum for my budding hobby and addiction.. Just reading and learning from you all here has both inspired and "bit" me hard

Kudos, kudos...

:worship:

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would also have to blame this forum, I'm sure it would have spread on its own, but the forum was like miricle grow, I joined after I perchased my second tarantula, and probably would have been happy with that for awhile at least, but now I want more and more!!! My parents aren't to thrilled with the idea (except my mom, who love tarantulas, though she's not totally 'thrilled' with the idea either, she things two is enough (she's wrong)).

Excellent choices btw! I've got a 5" B. smithi that I just love to death, and though i haven't had any experiance with A. metallica I do have an MM A. avicularia which I adore! It's really a great genus all together. P. irminias are awesome looking, and I wouldn't mind getting one, but I have to keep the numbers down till I have my own place.

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice choice of T's. You won't be disappointed. Also great choice to go with Paul. He has been my favorite dealer so far. :D

Mvskokee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome pickups! I too blame this forum for my addiction. I have ordered all of my slings from paul and he is an awesome guy to deal with you will be super pleased!

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You can't go wrong with P. Irminia.

Sarcasm is what we're all about here on AB so don't think we take little things like the title offensive!

LRB

Arachnopeon
Congraulations! Post some pics when you ge them all set up. I understand the fascination with them now though too. :)

Tarantula_man94

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
good choices with your Ts. An Avic. Avic. was on of my first Ts as well. I still have her too.

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Nice!!! Your thread title was pretty clever. It got me reading this before anything else. {D Yes, it's an addiction.....and these boards are your support-group. We support you in buying more T's!!!!

You're going to love the P. irminia....The gateway to the OW arboreals!!! They are very beautiful, although you'll rarely see it for a while. I only see mine about once or twice per molt, and each time I see it, I think to myself, "Holy Crap!!! You didn't look like THAT the last time I saw you!!!" Be careful when dealing with it, because they are really fast, and easily set off. The speed of the P. irminia is somewhere between my Pokies and my H. mac, and the temperment of the P. irminia is a bit worse than either. They are quite handlable if you don't mind being threatened occasionally. Even though they don't pack the same punch as a Pokie, bites still hurt. If you can keep a P. irminia confidently, there is no reason not to keep Pokies, H. macs, or pretty much any other OW for that matter.

B. smithi is an excellent choice for anybody!!! The icon of our hobby, and a really great looking Pet-Rock.....My smithi is among the first T's I show people who are easily intimidated by arachnids. She literally does NOTHING but sit on your hand or lap when being handled, and seems to think everybody came specifically to look at her.

Congrats on your new additions.

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice!!! Your thread title was pretty clever. It got me reading this before anything else. {D Yes, it's an addiction.....and these boards are your support-group. We support you in buying more T's!!!!
:}

I'll be needing that support group.. Is there chapter to deal with marital issues around the hobby? lol :D

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

I'll be needing that support group.. Is there chapter to deal with marital issues around the hobby? lol :D
I hear you. For years I have been "massaging" the issue. I had 5 Tarantulas when I got married. Right after marriage it went to ZERO tarantulas.

Than 4 years later I got one as a christmas gift. One down! She literally cried but I was not going to say no....It was a gift, right! (It was a total surprise from her brother)
Than I traded that one for one big one. L. parahybana. Than it grew up to be a male so I said to my wife that I wanted to trade that one for 2 "small" ones. Two down!

Than I managed to get a third one. Three down!

Than we made a deal that she thought I could not do for a forth one. I surprised her and Four down!

Now I had to get another. Contacted Paul @ PetCenterUSA and bought a couple more! And to top it off, I got a freebie! My wife is going to kill me!{D

I opted to go with a terrestrial over the P. irminia freebie.....A Nhandu chromatus.

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer

You're on your own for that one, buddy!!! {D

Seriously, my hobby has really f-ed up my dating life, despite my honest efforts to "massage" the issue (as Talon so eloquently put it). Dating a man with one or two tarantulas is one thing, but a guy with 12 in his bedroom (half of which won't hestate to throw a threat-display) makes it fairly hard to find a suitable, and accepting woman.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Incoming a B. smithi, A. metallica and a P. imurnia freebie!

Can't wait and I honestly blame this forum for my budding hobby and addiction.. Just reading and learning from you all here has both inspired and "bit" me hard

Kudos, kudos...

:worship:
The title was definately an eye-catcher! Hmmm gives me an idea.... {D :D

P. irminia can be quite fun. I still see mine even though they're little. They have a really nicely dimmed area of my room. Most times they'll try to make a break for it when I do misting. Their gears are statue, stroll and gone! Guess they don't really appreciate the life-providing liquids. :rolleyes:

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And here they are :)

Sorry for size before anyone yells :p

A. metallica

B. smithi

P. Imirnia

Paul @ PetCenterUSA rocks!

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You can't go wrong with P. Irminia.

Sarcasm is what we're all about here on AB so don't think we take little things like the title offensive!
NO ONE on here is sarcastic ...what ever were you thinking lol

<EDIT> oh my that WAS sarcastic lol <EDIT>

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
NO ONE on here is sarcastic ...what ever were you thinking lol

<EDIT> oh my that WAS sarcastic lol <EDIT>
:D

Well I was bred to ooze sarcasm so at times I wonder if I come off a bit.. Strong.. Nature and life have taught me, over 37 years, that maybe I should tone it back a bit or, in this case, apologize as soon as I do, lol.

I have just absolutely fallen in love with T's and this hobby. I'm so veracious for info and oozing new tales and facts to my wife/kids it makes them sick. I figure their loss and gives me more time to be with my new loves :D

HaploFool

No longer a pet hole
Arachnosupporter
Just wait... you're at the tip of the iceberg right now. ;)