You know you're a hobbyist when...

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
You know your a hobbyist when you would chose your dream collection over your dream job.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
When you imagine a world based on T economy.

"I'll buy that antique off you for 10 LP and an H. mac"

"That's too low. If you throw in a GBB MM, you got yourself a deal. Got a female at home and I have to pay the bills, you know"?

8Legs8Eyes

Arachnosquire
When you own a pair of scissors dedicated to tasks such as trimming silk leaf vines or cutting mealworms into smaller pieces.

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
You know your a hobbyist when you would rather watch a Tarantula feeding video than the Olympics.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
You know your a hobbyist when you would rather watch a Tarantula feeding video than the Olympics.
well.. if it's the summer Olympics then that doesn't say much for being a hobbyist because of wanting to do that more than watching tarantula feeding videos... if that were the case then I guess I'm also a "watching paint dry" hobbyist. Or a "watching grass grow" hobbyist. :kiss:o_O

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
When you are busy in the spiderroom, singing, and your four year old comes in and whispers 'hush mommy, you're going to wake up Mr. Skinnylegs'
(I've tought her to be calm and quiet when entering the spiderroom)

Alana

Arachnopeon
When you try to work out a super budget meal plan so that you can afford the AF A. minatrix female that you just spotted for sale AND have enough food for the family for the next week. It's not working at the moment. Food for the kids is winning. :(

magicmed

Arachnobaron
When you try to work out a super budget meal plan so that you can afford the AF A. minatrix female that you just spotted for sale AND have enough food for the family for the next week. It's not working at the moment. Food for the kids is winning. :(
When you see the person Who bought the AF A. Minatrix that you had your eye on!!!

;)

Alana

Arachnopeon
When you see the person Who bought the AF A. Minatrix that you had your eye on!!!

;)
Nooooo! The worst thing is, I'll have £3000 spending money in 3 weeks. I can pretty much guarantee there'll be nothing interesting for sale by then, so I'll have to try and save the money. Hahaha. Never going to happen!

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Nooooo! The worst thing is, I'll have £3000 spending money in 3 weeks. I can pretty much guarantee there'll be nothing interesting for sale by then, so I'll have to try and save the money. Hahaha. Never going to happen!
Haha I'm in a similar situation, luckily I found a wonderful seller that not only agreed to hold them, but offered to hold 3 AF for me for a few weeks :)

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
Relatable!

Alana

Arachnopeon
Haha I'm in a similar situation, luckily I found a wonderful seller that not only agreed to hold them, but offered to hold 3 AF for me for a few weeks :)
They say on the website that they won't hold stock, but I'm going to email them and see what they say. Doesn't hurt to try :)

magicmed

Arachnobaron
They say on the website that they won't hold stock, but I'm going to email them and see what they say. Doesn't hurt to try :)
You can always check the classifieds here, there's a lot of US sellers but Im fairly certain we have a few uk breeders that post

Alana

Arachnopeon
I will do. I wasn't supposed to be buying any more at the moment though haha!

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When you read through this thread and realize you've found your tribe. And when you've been sitting in the dark for several hours watching and listening to what's going on in your tarantula room and it's getting close to 5am.:bored: I've been laughing so hard reading this thread. We are all same, same but different lol

magicmed

Arachnobaron
When you read through this thread and realize you've found your tribe. And when you've been sitting in the dark for several hours watching and listening to what's going on in your tarantula room and it's getting close to 5am.:bored: I've been laughing so hard reading this thread. We are all same, same but different lol
*brood

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Food for thought...
I'm not sure if we are all just obsessive addicts or a bunch of amazing caring folks. Seems like I can relate to most of these..
Perhaps we are all obsessive amazing T addicts...

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Food for thought...
I'm not sure if we are all just obsessive addicts or a bunch of amazing caring folks. Seems like I can relate to most of these..
Perhaps we are all obsessive amazing T addicts...
It takes a special type :D