You know you are a tarantula collector if...

Leora22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
-you forget common names
- you laugh when people think you have too many T's and you only have like 15 (they have no idea hahaha)

Love this thread .....thanks for the laugh guyz :)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Whats the farthest you traveled? Mine was 4 hours one way. Got to see a fellow members awesome collection. Twice!
Yeah I've done it twice in a year. I just love traveling! I've never seen someone else's collection in person though. I'm thinking of more, hang in there guys!

kelvintheiah

Arachnosquire
-instead of playing computer games like BF3 or any sort, you just open your web browser, type arachnoboards.com then read some replies from threads.
-every piece of a plastic container you see must be yours.
-picture whore.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I actually made Arachnoboards a app on my browser. Click, and im there dude.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
... you plan the family vacation around the ATS conference 3000 miles away.
... you try to calculate if ATS conference and related expenses can be itemized on 1040 as continuing education expenses.
... you have friends and co-workers saving likely spider containers and water bowls.
... you mumble incoherently when a family member asks, "Just how many spiders do you have now?"
... you relate at the family dinner table that you have sold four spiders that will be shipped out Monday. But, fail to mention that there will be 7 more incoming...
... none of your arachnophobic co-workers are willing to bring you the box that arrived special delivery.
... you're continually rearranging spider containers in an effort to: A) disguise how many there really are, and B) to see how many more you can fit

Great thread! LOL

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha the rearranging is totally me. Im always moving stuff to make room for more vials, cups.

mmfh

Arachnobaron
Lol I have a friend right now eating her way through 4 lbs of animal crackers because i want matching containers for my P. cambridgei slings.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha thats funny. Im kinda picky about my containers too. I passed up 3 different store's selections before i finally found one i mostly likes for a C. ritae.
Lol I have a friend right now eating her way through 4 lbs of animal crackers because i want matching containers for my P. cambridgei slings.

Arborealis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you open the door and the person backs up three steps bc they heard you carry spiders in your pocket/purse (true story. Apparently when I moved back to my very small home town my reputation preceded me)
the local pet-shop owner gets excited when they see you and asks for advice on inverts
you get depressed/angry when someone steps on a spider
you raise your arms straight up in the air when you want to be threatening :p
when the weather warms up you get excited for "molting season"
Your first question when considering an apartment is "do you spray for bugs"

8leggedloverlassie

Arachnosquire
...when your wife, or gf is prego, you ask her if you can pull it early and incubate it till 2ndinstar(as a joke of course)....lol, i know thats pretty bad :eek:

...the walmart one was funny to me,...i actually know my local walmart pharmicist really well now...she even orders a few hundred of the "wrong" vials for stock, so she can give me a good deal to get rid of them ;)
BAHAHAHA!!!!!! pull it early!!!!

---------- Post added 03-04-2012 at 05:57 PM ----------

When th 16 gb storage of ur iPhone is mostly taken up by t feeding vids and photos

---------- Post added 03-04-2012 at 06:06 PM ----------

BAHAHAHA!!!!!! pull it early!!!!

---------- Post added 03-04-2012 at 05:57 PM ----------

When th 16 gb storage of ur iPhone is mostly taken up by t feeding vids and photos
Ok, I think that sounded wrong.:o_O:

Fuma

Arachnopeon
1. no
2. no (quit smoking)
3. yes
4. no but yes (as my lil sis has a hamster)
5. yes
6. very funny.. im gonna have to say yes
7. no
8. yes
9. yes
10. yes
11. yes
12. climate zones YES!! Hilarious
13. no
14. yes
15. yes
16. yes
17. no (dont have a kid)
18. no
19. yes
20. ahah yes for pilljars!!!!
21. no
22. yes
23. no
24. yes
25. yes
26. no
27. no
28. yes
29. yes
30. yes
31. yes
32. yes
33. no
34. yes, definitely more cork bark then wood... it becomes really funny considering i have 2 fireplaces and NO wood
did you have to really do this? this was supposed to funny. and you killed it

Last edited:

Jared781

Arachnobaron
did you have to really do this? this was supposed to funny. and you killed it
i thought it was pretty funny :roflmao:

---------- Post added 03-04-2012 at 08:13 AM ----------

Dang it! Yeah - pantyhose / stockings - both work I guess - but yes, that's what I meant.
I bet its mass AWKWARD when at the cashier with a couple packages of lingerie stockings!

---------- Post added 03-04-2012 at 08:15 AM ----------

...crash Tupperware parties.
ahhahaa ... just to sneak in, be discreet THEN qickly get out with a backpack full of containers!

NOW thats a mission id take part in! jk

SgtSparkles

Arachnosquire
.....if you have exactly enough in your checking account to cover your bills and a cabinet full of ramen but you're still talking to your breeder about "just five more slings"

SgtSparkles

Arachnosquire
....you own bigger tweezers than your girlfriend

....you refer to your neighbor's pregnancy as a gestation period