You know you are a tarantula collector if...

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Lol i did that for a wiel ending last week..kept buying only oranges when they was on sale got same casheer.. she finally daid "well one things for sure ull never get scurvy. I chuckled she asked what i realy do with all these oranges i said ibhave feeder bugs.."pff yea right" so i showed her a pic on my phone.. she screamed bloody murder.. and wet herself... haha well ig now i should say "eat them, im on a diet."
ahaha sounds like something that happened to me the other day. Was showing a friend photos of my tarantulas on my phone and talking about them like they were a dog, when some girl comes up and says "ooh I love animals what do you have?" I turn my phone around and say "Tarantulas!" while displaying a photo of my G. Rosea eating a roach. A blood curdling scream and a swear that sounds like "shmuck" was heard and suddenly my phone ended up being slapped at least twenty feet in to a wall while the girl fell backwards in terror. so much for liking animals.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
ahaha sounds like something that happened to me the other day. Was showing a friend photos of my tarantulas on my phone and talking about them like they were a dog, when some girl comes up and says "ooh I love animals what do you have?" I turn my phone around and say "Tarantulas!" while displaying a photo of my G. Rosea eating a roach. A blood curdling scream and a swear that sounds like "shmuck" was heard and suddenly my phone ended up being slapped at least twenty feet in to a wall while the girl fell backwards in terror. so much for liking animals.
Bahahaha ikr i work in a call center and was talking to aomeone n i said how technically i keep over 50 sp of animals she called my bluff so being the smart elic i am i started shooting off scientific names. So she said "ok smart arse show me pics i love all animals" i said okay pulled up my pics and handed my phone to her about 5 pods down.the last pics ibtook where all fish a few of snakes about half way in she got a simple call we know word for word and requires no credit information.. so shes keeps lookin.. mid call she screems at the top of her lung, wiel mid sentence with the caller, throws my phone at me and mutes the call "omg wtf is that!" I look down and with a cheeky smile i reply "that would be Phormictopus sp Purple" she yelled thats a spider thats discusting. I said "nope tarantula totally dif animal haha" she doesnt hate me.. but nolonger wants to see all my crazy pets lmao

Akai

Arachnobaron
You know you are a tarantula collector if you have personal pics/vid of tarantulas and feeders on your smart phone. lol

i have pics too. oh the shock value! I just find it easier to lie to the cashier. lol

Last edited:

reunsch

Arachnosquire
...a friend sends you a message saying, "I found two spiders in my apartment. Do you want them?" and then brings them to you in a single plastic bag.

Medusa

Arachnoknight
when you buy 4 55oz Snyders Pretzels jugs from Amazon at $15 each not because you love the pretzel.... well you where i'm going with this...
Does the pretzel label come off easily? Alot of potentially good enclosures end up worthless because even Goof-Off won't remove the label glue - or it crazes the plastic. [emoji16]

Akai

Arachnobaron
@Medusa it only glues at the seam when they meet and it comes off very easily. They are perfect. it's over a foot tall. 55oz and it holds like 3 1/2 pounds of pretzels and best of all it has a screw on lid.

download.jpg

gobey

Arachnoknight
thanks.. now i wants some effing pretzel logs -.-
Let's split a bulk order of pretzel log bins. For pretzels and for tarantula enclosures. I bet you've got some fast growers in need of that! As well as a need for some carbohydrates!

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Let's split a bulk order of pretzel log bins. For pretzels and for tarantula enclosures. I bet you've got some fast growers in need of that! As well as a need for some carbohydrates!
hmm.. and i am a prime member on amazon ;D and i can always use a carbo load on my new diet XD but none of mine need that size enclosure YET lmao both arboreals are ~1" and no burrowers besides a few slings who will hopefully grow out of those burrows XD.. buut i have wanted a pulchripes ;D this would be alot of bull dozing room and itd prob be realy nice for an H. incie or 3 and....DANGIT GOBEY DONT GIVE ME ANY IDEAS! LMAO

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
You know you're a tarantula collector if when faced with the choice if either going out for the night and raving, or staying in for the night to watch a T molt, it's no contest.

...although heaven knows a Jager-bomb would help make the time pass. :p

awiec

Arachnoprince
You know you're a tarantula collector if when faced with the choice if either going out for the night and raving, or staying in for the night to watch a T molt, it's no contest.

...although heaven knows a Jager-bomb would help make the time pass. :p
Well you can decorate your room with glow sticks, play some deadmau5 and sit down with a good drink, it should have the same effect.

Driller64

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You know you're a tarantula collector when you are afraid to go into your own room at times because you think a T might have died :(

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
When the only thing you look forward to about going to visit family in AZ is the opportunity to go find inverts and reptiles.
that exact situation occurred not a month ago for me. grandparents wanted to see us, they live in AZ. Sadly I didn't find any inverts and ended up falling on a saguaro cactus. had holes in my hand for a week.

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
@Medusa it only glues at the seam when they meet and it comes off very easily. They are perfect. it's over a foot tall. 55oz and it holds like 3 1/2 pounds of pretzels and best of all it has a screw on lid.

You know you're a tarantula keeper if.... you threaten to give away your loving dogs when you realize that one of them counter-surfed to steal the empty pretzel container referenced above, and destroyed it. :fury:

Akai

Arachnobaron
You know you're a tarantula keeper if.... you threaten to give away your loving dogs when you realize that one of them counter-surfed to steal the empty pretzel container referenced above, and destroyed it. :fury:
oh no! lol I need to find them cheaper myself. i wonder if Sams or Costco has these since they deal in bulk. then again $15 dollars is cheap considering the cost of a real enclosure of comparitive size.

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
oh no! lol I need to find them cheaper myself. i wonder if Sams or Costco has these since they deal in bulk. then again $15 dollars is cheap considering the cost of a real enclosure of comparitive size.
Sams has them for sure. That's where I got mine. Walmart has slightly smaller versions too. Definitely bigger than a gallon, but I couldn't tell you the exact size off the top of my head.

awiec

Arachnoprince
You know you're a tarantula collector when you are afraid to go into your own room at times because you think a T might have died :(
I'm the opposite, I'm always excited to come back to my room after I've gone on vacation/left town for a bit because usually somebody has molted or rearranged the enclosure.