Yesterday my T. molted how long should I wait until I feed her

Sputnyky

Arachnopeon
So as the title says, yesterday my lasiodora parahybana molted first time in my care(I think is her fourth) and I wonder how long should I wait until I feed her again.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
It usually depends on how big they are a few days for a small spiderling and up to at least two weeks for large adults. If at all possible, you need to see if she ever hangs out on the side of the glass so that you can see her fangs. A tarantula’s fangs change from white to red to black after moulting and it is only safe to feed when the fangs are black or letting an appropriate amount of time pass by. If your spider is 2-4 inches in diagonal leg span, I’d personally wait 8-10 days before feeding.

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Best thing to do is wait for her fangs to turn black. How big is she?

It usually depends on how big they are a few days for a small spiderling and up to at least two weeks for large adults. If at all possible, you need to see if she ever hangs out on the side of the glass so that you can see her fangs. A tarantula’s fangs change from white to red to black after moulting and it is only safe to feed when the fangs are black or letting an appropriate amount of time pass by. If your spider is 2-4 inches in diagonal leg span, I’d personally wait 8-10 days before feeding.
Beat me to it lol!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sputnyky

Arachnopeon
I cant really tell her leg span cause she is not coming out from her burrow. And I am really scared that she can't come out or something like that.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I cant really tell her leg span cause she is not coming out from her burrow.
But you have seen her before she went in, right? ;) We don't need the exact number of cms/inches, just an estimate.

And I am really scared that she can't come out or something like that.
Don't worry, your T knows best how to do T stuff. ;) She'll come out eventually... and then she'll be hungry. :hungry:

Sputnyky

Arachnopeon
But you have seen her before she went in, right? ;) We don't need the exact number of cms/inches, just an estimate.

Not really, she went in her burrow to molt and I didn't saw her out since. All i know is that she moltoed sucessfully.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Not really, she went in her burrow to molt and I didn't saw her out since. All i know is that she moltoed sucessfully.
But you have seen her? At least once since you got her? How big was she before she went into her burrow?

Do you have a picture of her?

Sputnyky

Arachnopeon
But you have seen her? At least once since you got her? How big was she before she went into her burrow?

Do you have a picture of her?
I don't really have a picture of her, but of what I remember she was somwhere between 8 or 9 cm.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I don't really have a picture of her, but of what I remember she was somwhere between 8 or 9 cm.
That's what I wanted to know. ;) So, if that's her leg span then she's a juvenile and you should wait at least a week, better 10 days before you even think about feeding her. If she comes out after that time span, check her fangs (they should be pitch-black), but usually, they come out again when they're ready to eat. And don't worry if that takes even more time. Just keep the water dish full.

Sputnyky

Arachnopeon
That's what I wanted to know. ;) So, if that's her leg span then she's a juvenile and you should wait at least a week, better 10 days before you even think about feeding her. If she comes out after that time span, check her fangs (they should be pitch-black), but usually, they come out again when they're ready to eat. And don't worry if that takes even more time. Just keep the water dish full.
okay then, thank you ^^