Yesterday at work

Villegas23

Arachnosquire
Well, I live in Corpus Christi Texas and my job requires traveling to cities around me. I went on a trip to premont Texas about 2 hours from my location. I was just wondering outside before meeting the costumer, so I looked at all the bugs that were scattered around and saw a lot of inch worms, but out of the corner of my eye I saw something thrashing. I quickly went over to it thinking it was one of the fire ants killing a worm, but to my surprise I saw two inchworms fighting, and the bigger one was literally grasping it in his mouth and slamming it into the floor! It was brutal for an inchworm to do that lol. But I looked it up when I got up today if they fight and I can't find anything that says that the fight like that. I wish I would of recorded it but before I could think about it, my coworker/boss said to hurry up and come meet the people. Has anyone ever witnessed this kind of behavior, or is it that even the bugs are more good because of the place!

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
Some caterpillars do eat other caterpillars regularly. I've never heard of predatory inchworms (geometers) besides the famous ones from Hawaii, but there's many noctuid caterpillars that eat other caterpillars and probably no shortage of others where the behavior just hasn't been documented.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
two worms enter, one worm leaves...

Must be eating some funky leaves that makes 'em do that! They need caterpillar anger management classes for these larval delinquents. Bad caterpillars turn into bad moths.