yeah, you're tough Bear Grylls...

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Spotted this pic in Metro newspaper today...This guy is a tough one, with a very dangerous spider on his face....:p:p

IMG_20160704_173321.jpg

For newbies, that is a B.auratum, not dangerous at all, except for the urticating hairs maybe...

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Come to think of it, he's actually in danger, with those urticating hairs so close to his eyes. One good flick is all it takes..
I agree.. But... The worse that could happen to him is blindness from stupidity.. The tarantula could fall,rupture and die.. I stick by my original statement that the tarantula is the only one at risk.Lol..

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Bear Grylls is a total fraud anyway. Isn't he the one that was caught staying in upscale hotels and eating catered meals off-camera while he was supposedly "living off the land" and braving the wilderness? lol

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Bear Grylls is a total fraud anyway. Isn't he the one that was caught staying in upscale hotels and eating catered meals off-camera while he was supposedly "living off the land" and braving the wilderness? lol
Ya.. He's not much more than a shock and awe actor....

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
I think in the first few seasons he was legit, but once he started doing stuff he could actually die in, his producers were like "nonono we need this man to live so we get money" I have zero respect for ANY of the media "wilderness men" unless they are the only ones there recording. I also have no respect for most of the animal shows with inverts, especially the little youtube shows (like Brave Wilderness and garbage like that) who use nothing but shock and buzzwords.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
...I want that spider. I volunteer to rescue Bear and keep the beauty safe from the beast.

I VOLUNTEER TO IRRITATE THAT BEAUTIFUL SPIDER TELL IT SINKS ITS FANGS INTO HIS NOSE nothing but stupidity and he deserves to get bitten

Blackout14

Arachnoknight
I think in the first few seasons he was legit, but once he started doing stuff he could actually die in, his producers were like "nonono we need this man to live so we get money" I have zero respect for ANY of the media "wilderness men" unless they are the only ones there recording. I also have no respect for most of the animal shows with inverts, especially the little youtube shows (like Brave Wilderness and garbage like that) who use nothing but shock and buzzwords.
Like survivor man I loved that show sad it went away :(

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
After seeing this guy kill a monitor lizard for no reason than entertainment, I was done with him anyway. Monitor lizards are my soft point...

Octagon

Arachnoperson
This guy is showing himself to be a total fool. To willingly place those urticating hairs anywhere around your eyes is really dumb.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
This guy is showing himself to be a total fool. To willingly place those urticating hairs anywhere around your eyes is really dumb.
I wouldn't be surprised if he had no knowledge of tbe U-hairs at all to be honest....