xtreme make-over

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
remember the red and blue scolopendrid i posted earlier this year ?
spring 06, 70mm BL

i was surprised one day when i looked at it's container and found out it has turned from a red head into a black head :eek:
winter 06, 80mm BL, same pede (other lightning, but it's clear the red has really darkened up and the blue legs and body have turned into more greyish-blue)
I'm guessing when adult its full body will have the same colors as tergite 20.

It_lives!

Arachnopeon
OMG, that is the coolest looking pede on this earth! those colors aer amazing, even though it is darkening it is stil beautiful! What kind is it?

Greg Pelka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Keep ging Steven, three new post in few days:)) and everyone is very interesting to me. Changing colorations in pedes are very interresting, but unknow yet unfortunately. All we can do it`s to watch our pedes and making notes.. Did You keep it in this same conditions all the time? Mayby some seasonal changes? I`m just guessing. Or mayby it is as You thouhgt. By the way it is very interresting specie, and has a very attractive colormorph.
Keep us update :))

Regards
Greg

Ps: Did You think about some internet datebase with parameters of centipedes growth?

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The first pic reminded me of a sc.mirabilis but now, wow... Were does it come from?!?! Is it actually a scolopendra?

phil.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I can't believe I am going to say this, but: that is a very pretty centipede. There I said it, centipedes have the capability to be cute. Don't tell IHeartMantids.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Don't tell me what?

That 'pede is beautiful, Steven. I really liked the vivid red it had earlier on, but it's still great-looking.