XOs lizards

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
XO,

I just ran across your posting to the Inverts thread and notice you have put that fence lizards coincide with scorpions. Are these the ones that share burrows? If so, have you attempted to replicate that in your house?

Cheers,
Dave

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Dave,

Actually, the only place I've seen this lizard species coincide with scorps, is in my own enclosures (not applicable in higher humidity species which seem to find them to be delicious). I found this out when checking to see if my scorps wanted some food one time, and no scorps would eat the liz, until the Hadogenes met it. All the others let the little lizard go in and out of the burrow as it pleased, while merely moving out of it's way. The other lizards I keep were caught shortly after that and have been living in the scorp enclosures ever since, and the scorps have been really cool with it.

I have kept them with B. arenicola (did great in the past but I don't keep this scorp species anymore), L. quinquestriatus (still doing great and keeping male and female LQ together), P. transvaalicus and liosoma (doing great), Hadrurus spadix and arizonensis (doing good now, but was unsteady at first), Hadogenes (doesn't work), Opistophthalmus (doesn't work). I have tried with all the high humidity scorps I keep and had zero success rate with any of them. I have a lot more scorps, but many of which I have yet to it attempt with, considering some of the lizards are quite big and I'm not putting my fingers in there to get any of them out of the scorp's burrows. Once the lizards start coming out around my house, I'll be attempting with some of the larger ones that remain untested.

adios,
edw. :D