WTH...need help.

Robin Da Hood

Arachnopeon
Went to go take food bolus out of my rosea's enclosure and she came over and did this. I think she grew some balls over the past 2 days and 5 crickets later. Any ideas... She is stuck in this position, should I pick her up and give her a hug? :razz: Think she is still hungry? Picked her up Saturday and fed her for the first time yesterday, she ate 3 crickets and today has eaten 2. What do you all think? Here is her attitude.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
look at the angry face

ive heard G. roseas are a very "hot and cold" tarantula. its just bein a t i guess... nothin likes to be intruded upon while eating..? id just shoo it aside and get the bolus or walk away and come back later when shes bein a sweetie again. dont want to put it through too much stress, especially during digesting time.... thats gotta be like 50 screamin kids in your house while ur tryin to nap after thanksiving dinner lol.*** on a side note ive personally never been into rosies , but the thought of a bi-polar t is kinda entertaining.

Robin Da Hood

Arachnopeon
She was in her hide and had left those bolus there. Just saw em and went to clean em up and that is when she came out with an attitude. Chris you think? Should i just feed her 1 aweek, have heard that, as well as, throw 4 crickets in there and let her at em. Figured when she was full she just wouldn't eat em. Trying to get her signals and needs met. Learning process for new handler. Thanks for info.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
if ya fed her 3 yesterday and 2 today that COULD be a part of the rage too lol. tarantulas are "opportunistic eaters" so they will rarely refuse food unless theyre stuffed or in premolt . a specie like a G. rosea dosent eat much from my understanding. for it you could do 1 to 2 crix a day twice a week and some will still say thats too much. Your call on how much ya wanna feed it tho at the end of the day

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

btw ... how big u suppose it is? hard to judge by the photo

ElevenBravo

Arachnopeon
One cricket a week and my rosie keeps getting fatter. If i let him eat what he wanted he would pop. I feed by abdomen size I try to keep it just slightly larger than its carapace. My G pulchripes one the other hand is much more active and requires twice as much food. I believe this to be due to the fact that its not uncommon for my rosie to sit in the same place for days at a time using alot less energy therefore requiring alot less input.

vickywild

Arachnoknight
Jeez, thats a lot of crickets! Both my Rosies ate maybe..1 cricket a week if I was lucky. Brody went without food for months.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, I feed mine one a week. I'd say three a week at most, but your call. Just don't let the abdomen get too big.

Robin Da Hood

Arachnopeon
Thanks all, will adjust her feedings.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

btw ... how big u suppose it is? hard to judge by the photo
Here is a couple more pics. The orange cap goes to a small gatoraid bottle.

Quazgar

Arachnoknight
Went to go take food bolus out of my rosea's enclosure and she came over and did this. I think she grew some balls over the past 2 days and 5 crickets later. Any ideas... She is stuck in this position, should I pick her up and give her a hug? :razz: Think she is still hungry? Picked her up Saturday and fed her for the first time yesterday, she ate 3 crickets and today has eaten 2. What do you all think? Here is her attitude.

Yes. A big hug and a kiss on the lips (errr...fangs...)
{D

blackrayne

Arachnopeon
it looks like s/hes not done eating...the bolus' my spiders leave are little dark balls, and they don't care if i come and take them away...but if they are still working on a cricket, even if there is only a leg left and its sitting on the other side of the cage, the spider will come rushing over and scoop it up or stand over it like in your pic...

also, im sure s/hes hungry after being in a pet store and all that entails, but i wouldn't keep feeding so much if i were you...my larger spiders get 2 crickets a week...you don't want to over feed and risk its abdomen rupturing from an accident, or a shortened lifespan...