Wow that was the easiest ever....

GootySapphire

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I went today to change my A. Purpurea, A. Antilles, L. Violaceopes, and my C. cyaneopubescens...I did this in my bathtub with the drain plugged and the sides of the tub a little wet so they cant go crazy climbing. I have never had an easier time changing their cages, I just cattle steered them into their cages and they walked right in with no fuss!!!

Also this is going to sound dumb...but in the wild T's usually stay in their area where they dwell...why do we while theyre in captivity have to clean their bedding and molts out...how does that work in comparison to them in the wild...

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well in nature the can throw at the leftovers, but in captivity they will still be there, so we have to clean it.

MVDaniel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I once rehoused a 7" T. Blondi by prepping her new enclosure, plucking her out of the old one and placing her in the new. it doesn't get much easier than that.

Godzirra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Because in the wild mother nature does the chores, where as in captivity we have to do them.

There are other living organisms that help decompose anything that can be.
Humidity and temperature are already adjusted based on the weather & environment.
There is a cycle of life involved with everything in the natural world, where as in captivity - the cycle revolves only around the tarantula.

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Answer: You dont have to clean

Issue: you may end up with mites and or mold

Id imagine in the wild they still have to worry about mites and other little critters that might be attracted to the remains of pray and molts. Only difference is that instead of having a keeper to remove those things they just have to deal with it. Im not sure how often or if Tarantulas relocate often in the wild but if they do it may be that they move when there is waste attracting critters they dont want to deal with. This is all a guess but your Ts are stuck in one place and a wild T. could choose to move.
scott