Worried

SpiderLady79

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok so alot of people told me to create a make shift hide / tunnel for my cobalt and I was told pipe or if I didn't have that I was told to use a toilet paper roll so......I did and she loved it but......she is lining the inside of it with sub which is not my worry my worry is that she is excavating under the roll and I don't want her to get hurt if it collapses she loves going under it so any ideas or suggestions would be great. She has it all webbed up inside as well
IMG_20130828_203010.jpg
IMG_20130828_203116.jpg
IMG_20130829_092609.jpg
IMG_20130829_092616.jpg
IMG_20130827_080039.jpg

Miehrano

Arachnopeon
The tarantula probably weights more than the paper roll.
You should not worry, the tarantula Will make pretty stable support for the burrow, unless you got any heavy stuff in there, its not going to collaps and kill it, it might cave in, but the tarantula will burrow around it and fix it.

Again: Do not worry!

xTimx

Arachnoknight
If u packed all the substrate in tightly, U dont need to worry.

cheers!

xTimx

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
looks a little dry

get the substrate moist and it will 'form' around the tube then just pull it out

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
she will be fine, I would saturate that substrate more looks dry. will say a toilet paper roll would not be good for a haplopelma because it will get soggy and probably develop mold over time.

Last edited:

PSYS

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
she will be fine, I would saturate that substrate more looks dry. will say a toilet paper roll would not be good for a haplopelma because it will get soggy and probably develop mold over time.

^^^ YES, to this.

I've read the same thing. A toilet or paper towel roll is a cheap, easy hide... but it will break down and/or cause mold spores much quicker.