1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried about my OBT

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by unitard311, Apr 23, 2008.

1. unitard311

unitard311 Arachnoknight

Utah
    Advertisement
    Ok so I have only had this little guy (about 3 in) for two to three weeks. He has always been very active and aggressive simply if one were to walk near his cage. This morning I looked at him and he is in the top corner of the cage, vertically, and his legs are hanging by his sides. He would not move at all when I got near him or blew lightly on him. I am hoping its going to be a molt situation. Is this normal? Can you help? Thanks.

2. 7mary3

7mary3 Arachnodemon

OBTs can be arboreal or Terrestrial. The position you are seeing it in is standard for arboreals that are resting. Do some research on your T. Google searches and the search function on this forum are great resources.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=40987

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=5292

Read these threads. They've got info that apply to ALL Ts, not just roseas. Part of this hobby is learning and educating yourself. I came into this hobby with NO knowledge whatsoever about a year and a half ago, maybe a little less. Since then I've taken the time to inform myself. Do the same. It makes the whole experience more enjoyable.

3. unitard311

unitard311 Arachnoknight

Utah
    thanks, i haven't really had enough time yet to get used to all its characteristics. i appreciate the input.

4. fartkowski

fartkowski Arachnoemperor

Is it possible it a mature male?
    Mature males will wonder around the cage alot looking for a mate.
    Look for hooks on it's front legs.

5. unitard311

unitard311 Arachnoknight

Utah
    I will have to look again but I haven't seen any hooks so far. He is still small too.

6. B-fish

B-fish Arachnoknight

can you get a good picture

7. unitard311

unitard311 Arachnoknight

Utah
    yes i will post one when i get one. i got an update and he seems to be moving about just fine and dandy so i guess there's no need to worry.

8. fartkowski

fartkowski Arachnoemperor

I know these guys mature pretty small.
    My male matured at about 3 1/2".
    I was very surprised when it did.

9. unitard311

unitard311 Arachnoknight

Utah

hmm, good to know! thanks.