1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Work finds

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by Ratmosphere, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Ratmosphere

Ratmosphere Arachnoprince Active Member

Advertisement
    Found this cross orb weaver and grass spider at work. I don't find a lot of stuff where I live so this got me excited haha.

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Duriana

Duriana Arachnoknight Active Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ratmosphere

Yes, I knew this. Only posting because I have not found much this year.

4. Duriana

Duriana Arachnoknight Active Member

Oh sorry! i thought you were asking for a ID :dead:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Ratmosphere

6. keks

keks Arachnobaron Active Member

Nice to see them in the OUTSIDE, NOT in my bedroom :hilarious:.

7. Camman1983

Camman1983 Arachnopeon Active Member

Or stuck to your face after walking between two trees at night. Generally how I find orbweavers

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. keks

keks Arachnobaron Active Member

Funny, when you tell it, but a horrible imagination to me, I think I would get a nervous breakdown :nailbiting::dead:!!

9. The Snark

The Snark ArachnoGod Old Timer

Could be worse. Try taking a chunky Nephila in the face while riding a motorcycle through a banana grove. Then stopping to notice webs lacing every banana plant to every other with maybe 20 webs across the trail you wanted to go down.

• Like Like x 2
  10. The Snark

The Snark ArachnoGod Old Timer

That was memorable. Working my way up steep muddy trails for 2 hours. Getting to the top of the mountain. Surrounded by Nephs and no way to go but back down the way I came. I wasn't about to destroy all those gorgeous webs. Parked the bike and some locals came up to us. One sent a monkey up a tree and we all took a break with fresh coconut milk as I looked out on the view, a storm passing by on the horizon, walking on lightning legs.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ratmosphere

Walked into an orb weavers web while in the woods once, didn't find the spider until I got home haha. It was hiding in my collar!

• Funny Funny x 2