Woohoo!

Caramell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I finally got my second tarantula: a G pulchra!
I bought a pulchra that's 1.5 inches from Paul Becker(thanks, Paul!).
It's so cute!

And now for the questions:
I'm very new to slings.
How can you tell that a sling is in premolt, aside from the fact that it stops eating? Is it the black patch on its abdomen?
And this doesn't really relate to slings, but I disturbed the sling once, and it ran into its hide with it's abdomen in the air. What does that mean when its rump is up?

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
When the rump is up its telling you that it feels threatened and to back off. As for the premolt in slings its very hard to tell. You have a very nice setup for your new G Pulchra. You will love it they are very good eaters.

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I would make sure you have some ventilation holes into that enclosure other than that it looks great. It won't need much, but it definitely needs it. Enjoy your new T.

Caramell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I will put some ventilation holes in the container asap.
Thanks. :)

MaThEwMoNsTr323

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
in the future you should maybe research a little, before the purchase of a new T. it's always good to be prepared & well educated on the T(species) of choice, before arrival. :?

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great species Caramell!
Don't take the rude comments by the guy who has only been here a few weeks too seriously. :embarrassed:

BTW. I love your interests!

Caramell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Haha, it's okay, I'm just very unsure of myself, and those questions were just to make sure.
I just got into the hobby in March after wanting a T since I was 7, now in possession of an A avic and finally a G pulchra. I have a large fascination with the docile species, the defensive ones are just not my thing. Although the only one I would like is a pokie, theyre absolutely gorgeous!