Women and Roaches apparently dont mix

messiah35

Arachnopeon
This is frustrating. I was all set to order my starter colony of dubias. Had actually placed the order. When the misses had a convo with her mother. Now we had already talked about it and she knew I was going to place the order. Her mother got her thinking that if I got the dubia they would escape, breed, and infest my home and I would need to call Wil-Kil and evacuate the house. So much for not having to feed the t's crix and superworms anymore. GRRRRRR:evil:

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
welcome to the club:(
i found a breeding colony of ~500 b lateralis for $30 and was SHUT DOWN!

we should have a support group...:rolleyes:

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is frustrating. I was all set to order my starter colony of dubias. Had actually placed the order. When the misses had a convo with her mother. Now we had already talked about it and she knew I was going to place the order. Her mother got her thinking that if I got the dubia they would escape, breed, and infest my home and I would need to call Wil-Kil and evacuate the house. So much for not having to feed the t's crix and superworms anymore. GRRRRRR:evil:
you should have told her the crickets would be much worse AND would keep you up at night with all that chirping AND they smell a heck of a lot worse.

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Amen to all of the comments. I hear you loud and clear. :wall: I would state my experiences but sounds like they are no different.

My girlfriend will crush the head of a cricket and feed it to a tarantula, but if somebody held a gun to her head she would still not touch a millipede nor roach :? :mad:

messiah35

Arachnopeon
Mines not a fan of the t's to begin with. She sorta likes the aureostriata (am i supposed to call it pulchripes now?). I just received a female ornata today that she is most definitely not a fan of. I guess its better that she puts up with them than nothing. But I want to have my cake and eat it too!

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
preach brotha!

i hear you:} no snakes in this house:( or scorps, centis, monitors, vinegaroons...

tacoma0680

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Roaches and Women

I had the same problem. I build a room seperate from the house and now I have about three different types. So just tell her you are building the spider room out side.

burmish101

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its almost impossible for dubia to infest, unless you live in a tropical environment and leave a ton of food on the floor its highly doubtful:p

messiah35

Arachnopeon
Some people are just closed minded. She initially didnt even want the t's. That wasnt going to happen.

Why cant a pet store around me sell feeder roaches and save me all this trouble.

Newports

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't want to sound like a dick but man up. Don't let someone just say no just because they don't want it.
Now you know the possiblities of infestation are well..none. So take the chance and order them then see how it goes...and we all know there won't be a problem. So just show them whats up.

messiah35

Arachnopeon
I don't want to sound like a dick but man up. Don't let someone just say no just because they don't want it.
Now you know the possiblities of infestation are well..none. So take the chance and order them then see how it goes...and we all know there won't be a problem. So just show them whats up.
Be with a woman long enough, get her pregnant, and then try to reason with her.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
lol Yes there is no reasoning with us no matter how illogical our argument may be. Deal with it.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
You must be single. Part of a loving relationship is living with the quirks of the other person... "manning up" isn't likely to do anything but piss her off. When you care about someone, you put their needs ahead of yours, however inconvenient.

Anyway, he has hardly had it conclusively demonstrated that it's IMPOSSIBLE for dubia to infest just because someone made an off handed comment on this thread. It's not impossible for dubia to infest. It's unlikely... considering he lives in Wisconsin, it's highly unlikely. But not impossible... life has a way of surviving in some really adverse circumstances, and I have had a colony of dubia thrive in temps in the 50's before. They weren't breeding terribly fast, but they were in good health. So, if your house is always in he 50's and you have a leaky drain, pipe, or moisture in foundation cracks... I would say not impossible.

If kept properly, it is "virtually impossible", how about that? :)

Newports

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What I was trying to say was if he is able to keep scorps, centipedes, trantulas or whatever he has properly and not let it escape I think he will be able to keep roaches from escaping.

Thankfully I don't have to deal with any of that bs yet. Of course my time will come but as of now I'm a free man.