wolf spider sling care

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
I caught a spider yesterday and she had babies on her back. I put her in a deli cup that I had because I didn't bring anything else with me (I wasn't prepared for this at all) It's actually a pretty big cup. I don't know what species of wolf spider it is though. I caught her in western KY and she is about the size of a pencil eraser. I can't put a picture up but there is a picture and video on my Instagram page (ILoveHerps) I need help on how to care for the slings because I'm not all that experienced with spiders. If all goes well I will probably sell them since there is too many for me to handle (around 27). I also forgot to mention the mother had died this morning and the babies are off of her now.

8by8

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I took a piece of paper towel or coffee filter and gave an ever so lightly mist. Put that in a container with a small piece of soaked cork bark. Add 1 spiderling. As for food goes I used flightless fruit flies or pinhead crickets. Your gonna need to repeat that process around 27 times. I had good success keeping them warmer as well.

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
So am I gonna need 27 deli cups? Because I don't have that many. I only have one big one, but I will try to find some if I need dome more. Do you know where to buy them? I can't do online right now. Also how do you suppose I move them all? They are extremely small. I also don't have cork bark.

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Sounds like you should release them back into the wild, since you are so unprepared. But, I will help where I can, as far as finding more deli cups you can buy some decent to super cheap cruddy ones at dollar stores. Poke holes in the tops of them for air flow with a heated needle. Cork bark can be bought at pet stores and you can break it up for the size you will need.

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
I might end up letting them go but, I want to try this because I would like some experience with arachnid babies because I am trying to breed some asian forest scorpions. I will try to get some deli cups here real soon and I will find some way to get them hides since I can't get cork bark yet

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Idk if they need corkbark specifically for a hide or not. I have done tons of things to make random hides for spiderlings. Honestly go to a craft store and buy a chain plastic plant (should cost 12 or something dollars) you can clip enough easily to make enough "hides" for all 27. If all they need from their hide is to feel safe. Of course since they are slings you will need to do a light mist of their enclosures daily.

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
most Wolf spiders are terrestrial so the deli cup would be best to be shorter.