Wolf Spider pics + ID needed please.

patrickbull

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys/gals I'm trying to narrow down the species of Wolf Spiders I'm finding here locally. Overall they are making great little captives. Big eaters taking prey the same size as themselves, Breed well, and make interesting little tunnels under rocks and things. I'd like to figure out my exact species so I can offer some up in the classifieds. Thoughts?

They are found in Stuttgart, Arkansas. I have seen them a bit larger than the female pictured below, but not by much. I have a smaller female carrying a sac at the moment if ya'll would like a pic of her. One thing I have noticed is that their sacs have a blue tint to the webbing. Don't know if that helps in the ID but it's a cool little tidbit lol.

jsloan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
genus Rabidosa my guess

I agree with Rabidosa sp. R. rabida and R. punctulata are two species found in the area. R. rabida has some lighter-colored "indentations" along the inner edges of the dark brown stripe on the abdomen, faintly visible in this specimen, so that's what I think this probably is (in punctulata the brown stripe is usually unbroken and solid brown all the way down).

Pictures of the underside would help, too.

patrickbull

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the replies so far. The above female was given away some time ago, but tonight I captured a large dehydrated female of the same species in my garage. I put the gal in humid caging and provided a cricket. Let's hope she rehydrates and fattens up. She was still in pretty good shape. No curling and and she was moving quickly, so I'm pretty certain she will be fine. I just checked as I was writing this and she did take the cricket. Here are her pics:

Now, I also have these smaller ones, pictured below. I'm not sure if they are the same species as the above pictured or different altogether. I have one of these smaller girls with a light blue colored eggsac but I couldn't get pics because she was in her burrow. Thoughts?

patrickbull

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She is doing great today. She quickly jumped on another cricket.

I also managed to get pics of the smaller wolf with the eggsack I was talking about above.