Winter is Here!

MadisonBoib

Arachnopeon
Just a friendly reminder that winter is upon us and if your ordering T’s make sure you pay close attention to when they arrive at your door! I lost 3 T’s today in a new package because i trusted an email saying that shipping would be halted due to the weather.... well shipping wasnt halted and here i am with half my order dead because they sat on my porch for 5 hours in the cold. Id hate for this to happen to anyone else and i feel awful for my own negligence! Just remember to keep checking that tracking number!

cold blood

Staff member
If you were told it was halted, then i assume you were not given tracking info.

If you had tracking info, you should have been checking, but if not, its 100% the shippers fault and should be reimbursed.

Sorry this happened to you....and the spiders.

MadisonBoib

Arachnopeon
If you were told it was halted, then i assume you were not given tracking info.

If you had tracking info, you should have been checking, but if not, its 100% the shippers fault and should be reimbursed.

Sorry this happened to you....and the spiders.
Well i recieved the email from the postal service but i should have kept checking! I should have known better.

moshpitpanda

Arachnosquire
I just got one today and had to stay up 4 hours past my bed time (I work nights) so that I could get the package the second it arrived. This is a bad week for T deliveries, it is just so cold and rainy. If you are not requiring a signature, you can always opt in to constant text updates which is what I did.

MadisonBoib

Arachnopeon
I just got one today and had to stay up 4 hours past my bed time (I work nights) so that I could get the package the second it arrived. This is a bad week for T deliveries, it is just so cold and rainy. If you are not requiring a signature, you can always opt in to constant text updates which is what I did.
How do you do that text update???

moshpitpanda

Arachnosquire
Im definitely going to look into that next time! Thanks for the info!
No prob! If you do required signature I'm pretty sure this is automated though. I also tend to keep a look out even with these updates because it wont tell you it is delivered until maybe 10 minutes after

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
Bro I feel you. On my last shipment I requested that they be held for pick up, but I don't trust people not to be stupid so I put a note on my front door that said, "USPS please knock on window" with an arrow pointing to my bedroom window so that I'd wake up if they did deliver the package. Guess who got a knock on their window and a box of spiders? :rofl:

Life hack #479: Always assume people are idiots, because they usually are.

moshpitpanda

Arachnosquire
Bro I feel you. On my last shipment I requested that they be held for pick up, but I don't trust people not to be stupid so I put a note on my front door that said, "USPS please knock on window" with an arrow pointing to my bedroom window so that I'd wake up if they did deliver the package. Guess who got a knock on their window and a box of spiders? :rofl:

Life hack #479: Always assume people are idiots, because they usually are.
Lol I thought of doing that but I dont trust myself to wake up. I am regretting it now exhausted at work from no sleep :hurting:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
My biggest fear of ordering T.'s during Winter temps. This is why the only time I buy T.'s in Winter is during expos, I wouldn't really order anything online during winter temps, even if it came with a heat pack. It's a risk that I can't afford to take. But hopefully something will work out for your loss.

Luka98

Arachnosquire
My gbb and lp slings were shipped out 3 days ago and they didn't arrive today so they might be sitting in the post office for the weekend. Although there's heatpacks in the package they can only last for so long and i'm starting to fear the worst as well. So sorry fpr your loss OP it happens to everybody.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Just saying but shipping through USPS is illegal. I usually ship FedEx, and if I have any doubts about the weather I just have it held at the facility for pickup. It's especially nice because I don't have to try to race the trucks home from school.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Just saying but shipping through USPS is illegal.
Took the words right out of my mouth. And as far as heat goes would you be able to ask your dealer for a heat pack to be supplied? My T came with a little hand warmer wrapped in newspaper to keep her warm in transit.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Took the words right out of my mouth. And as far as heat goes would you be able to ask your dealer for a heat pack to be supplied? My T came with a little hand warmer wrapped in newspaper to keep her warm in transit.
Any responsible dealer would include a heat pack during colder temps. You shouldn’t have to ask.

ComputerDellLI

Arachnopeon
Does the USPS deliver during the middle of the night, or will I have to wait for Saturday hours. My spider has arrived in my state, four hours late, but it just says it's in transit to the destination. Will they not send a truck out until the morning?