Will this work for a sling enclosure?

RedSkies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was at hobby lobby looking for sling enclosures, and they were almost out of the baselball display cases I have seen people use. However, they had some of these things. They're little cylinders with 2 magnifying glasses on top (one swings out). They have a few air vents on top, but I am going to burn some more on the sides. What do you guys think?

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
As long as its escape-proof and you add a bit of ventilation, it could be kind of cool to have built in magnifying glasses!

RedSkies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yup, It twist-locks into place. It's made for kids to toss bugs in and then study through the magnifying glasses on top. Which is why it comes with a free rubber spider, I guess.

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
Yup, It twist-locks into place. It's made for kids to toss bugs in and then study through the magnifying glasses on top. Which is why it comes with a free rubber spider, I guess.
You had me at “free rubber spider”

tewebag

Arachnoknight
I do not see why it could not work as long as it's escape proof but I would just make sure it have no direct sunlight for sure just because of the magnifying glass, just to be safe.
I might have to go and look for those myself now.

RedSkies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think it would get dangerously hot in the sun, even without the magnifying glass.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Definitely cool for a small sling if you keep it out of direct sunlight so as not to fry the T. Also make sure there's adequate ventilation.

Lithobius

Arachnosquire
I've noticed my slings generally like taller over wider containers so they can make a nice burrow, but it looks deep enough it should be fine after you put a few more holes in. A built in magnifying glass sounds cool...