Will they be ok?

KadeshAvic

Arachnopeon
I Have some slings (Avics/pokies/psalmos/gbb) and the temp in my dorm is 66F. Was wondering could this hurt them? I know optimal temperature is higher, but i can't do a room heater. it could be this temp for 2 months?

Lucyk

Arachnopeon
i dont no about the breeds of tarantula you have but i do own a bracyphelma emilia (mexican red leg) spiderling and he/she is ok in my room but i dont let the temperature drop below 20C (65F) so you spiderlings should be ok, just try to keep windows shut, curtains drawn and doors shut to the room they are in, thats what i do.

Amelia

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Candle warmers are easy to conceal in a drom setting. Get a solid(not transparent) tupperware tub, cut an electric cord sized hole down near the bottom, and put the candle warmer on a small plate so that it is not directly on the tub(fire hazard) and then put your sling containers in the tub around it. With the lid on, it will keep enough of the heat generated in. Have to watch it though, because there is no off switch.

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah, species is the big key here (although you'll be fine with almost anything). What do you have? While I usually don't recommend them for a variety of reasons if you have a T. blondi or something that needs some warmth you could always use one of the heat pads you can buy at pet stores. Just be sure you put it on the side of the enclosure (as opposed to the bottom) so the T can get away from it if it wants to.