Will my desert hairy die in high humidity

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
So I rehoused it and decided to mix some coco fiber with its sand but the coco fiber wasn't ever put in water to break down and its still damp after submerging it is it safe go put the desert hairy in right now the enclosure is super well ventilated so it won't take more than 2 or 3 days to dry.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I would personally wait for it to dry completely. With moisture and arid species you risk mycosis, which can spell death if not kept in check, and can be a general eyesore even if controlled.

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
I would personally wait for it to dry completely. With moisture and arid species you risk mycosis, which can spell death if not kept in check, and can be a general eyesore even if controlled.
I used all my sand on the enclosure can I keep it in just a 12ish ounce deli cup with nothing but a bit of dry coco fiber in it until tommorow because it should hopefully be dry enough to safely put it in tommorow

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I used all my sand on the enclosure can I keep it in just a 12ish ounce deli cup with nothing but a bit of dry coco fiber in it until tommorow because it should hopefully be dry enough to safely put it in tommorow
It should be just fine in there temporarily, though you could offer some kind of a hide in the meantime.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Dont have anything small enough to offer
You could make something? I've made hides out of cut plastic cups, or even cardboard for temporary cases. Honestly it should be fine without anything I just suggest it to minimize stress.

BuzzSwole

Arachnosquire
I used scissors and cut a brown pill bottle in half for a temp hide for my bdfb

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
A temporary higher humidity will not cause mycosis to take root. However, long term exposure to it might. The most ideal setup for Hadrurus spp. would include a gradient of dry to moister (but not super wet) but most of us do not have enough space for such heights in an Enclosure.