Will it bother my OBT ? (enclosure)

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
Hi everyone !

I made an enclosure for my OBT, but she appear to be too small yet for this 30cm exoterra, so I'm gonna wait 2 molts, maybe 3 to move her (3cm body only).

As I wanted to see her, I made her a burrow directly connected to the side glasses, but I'm afraid the entering light will bother her and made her think that this is not a burrow ? I can at least cover it with something that I could remove everytime I want to see her.. ?

prout 1 .jpg prout 2.jpg prout 4.jpg prout.jpg zfzef.jpg

So ? .. :)

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Frankly, I would had opted for a 'Medium' to 'Large' KK (Kritter Keeper, but here in Europe most likely called 'Fauna Box'). I wouldn't love a 'side' or 'frontal' opening-door where inside there's an eight legged bugger pretty 'famous' for his/her speedy bolts and such.

Top opening for life, here.

As far the set up you offered, that can work, for a reason above all, mostly: they are able to adapt to basically everything.

Definitely, I wouldn't 'house' a P.murinus that way, no offence man.

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
Frankly, I would had opted for a 'Medium' to 'Large' KK (Kritter Keeper, but here in Europe most likely called 'Fauna Box'). I wouldn't love a 'side' or 'frontal' opening-door where inside there's an eight legged bugger pretty 'famous' for his/her speedy bolts and such.

Top opening for life, here.

As far the set up you offered, that can work, for a reason above all, mostly: they are able to adapt to basically everything.

Definitely, I wouldn't 'house' a P.murinus that way, no offence man.

I don't really like Fauna Boxes honestly, I prefer these enclosure because they're more aesthetically displayable.. :)

I agree that these doors are not the best option when there's the anger itself in the enclosure xD, but I'll try being careful

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I don't really like Fauna Boxes honestly, I prefer these enclosure because they're more aesthetically displayable.. :)
Indeed KK aren't exactly now so much 'cool' looking, but what I seek is practicality, not aesthetics per se :)

I agree that these doors are not the best option when there's the anger itself in the enclosure xD, but I'll try being careful
Not only that... in the case of hardcore 'pet holes' (which P.murinus isn't, completely) such P.muticus etc with such doors, you can't even add too much of substrate inches.

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
Indeed KK aren't exactly now so much 'cool' looking, but what I seek is practicality, not aesthetics per se :)

Not only that... in the case of hardcore 'pet holes' (which P.murinus isn't, completely) such P.muticus etc with such doors, you can't even add too much of substrate inches.
Well, I am hoping she'll make great use of the external space.. I've put some coco fiber in the hole to make it more comfortable, and eventually in case of she would use some to settle in.

So this window in the hole, will it bother her ? :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
So this window in the hole, will it bother her ? :)
Who knows? :)

I've said 'who knows?' because we are talking about P.murinus, barely no set up is 'wrong' for those (mind, wrong for this particular specie 'point of view', not 'wrong' for me etc) because they are masters into adapt.

Personally I prefer something more 'reclusive', like half buried (in the substrate) cork bark etc

Mpmackenna

ArachnoNerd
If it bothers it then it will put so much webbing over it that it will be completely opaque. It's not really your enclosure at all. It belongs to the OBT. It's very similar to my house. Sure my name is on the mortgage but its not mine. It belongs to my wife.