Wild true spiders of southern Spain

shaneshac

Arachnosquire
Thought i would create a thread to show the wild spiders i find on my treks in southern Spain

First on the list is the largest huntsman spider we have in the area. The stunning Eusparassus dufouri.

Found this large mature female yesterday. Now that the temperature has started to rise they will be making their silk nests under large rocks to take advantage of the heat they store overnight

Attachments

shaneshac

Arachnosquire
Thanks a lot
Here is a gravid female Trochosa sp. I took this one home as it was raining and wanted to get some nice shots. Released her in the same spot a few hours later

2C51BE5485225154C949235154C791.jpg 7971_10151572551852037_848581301_n.jpg

Leila

Arachnobaron
Thought i would create a thread to show the wild spiders i find on my treks in southern Spain

First on the list is the largest huntsman spider we have in the area. The stunning Eusparassus dufouri.

Found this large mature female yesterday. Now that the temperature has started to rise they will be making their silk nests under large rocks to take advantage of the heat they store overnight

I love this one! What a regal lady! :embarrassed:

shaneshac

Arachnosquire
Adult male Lycosa hispanica leaving a females burrow early morning. This was taken with an old camera so quite noisy as i didnt want to use the flash
Lycosahispanicamale.jpg

shaneshac

Arachnosquire
Thomisus onustus. These crab spiders are probably the species that tackles the largest prey items. They are expert at camouflage and change colour depending on the flower they are on
Thomisusonustus.jpg