Wild Treasures - 2008 animal find

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
I thought I would start a thread on what people have caught or photographed in their natural habitats this year. I know I have a few to post.

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Awww! I really want one of those. Not fair. :(
Nice find though :}

hardlucktattoo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I caught this brown watersnake near the pond behind my house here are a few pics of her and my G/F a lot of people kill them because they are mistaken for being a cottonmouth

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
That is a sweet looking snake, it does LOOK venomous. Very nice! I will post pics of my little Rubber boa, it is sooo cute.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I would LOVE to have a rubber boa. I would want one of those before any other snake. They are so cute and small!

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Wisconsin Tree Frog

Here's a Wisconsin tree frog. I find 5-6 every year.

And what's amazing is they survive this.

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
This little girl is Sooo Cute!

looks kinda like a "blindschleiche", that we could find around my home in germany. exept blindschleichen are gunmetal gray (and they aren't even real snakes, they just look like them. they are some type of legless lizard). i'd want one of those little boas.
are they anywhere for sale maby?

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
found the english nam of blindschleiche

they call it blind worm or slow worm (it's neither blind nor slow). it's an anguis fragilis. and i think they are so cute. which would be easier to get a rubber boa are a anguis fragilis?

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
rubber boa. ive been trying to get anguis for a long time for a friend of mine... no luck.

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
so the boa is easier to get here. oh well, i caught the anguis a few times when i was growing up, right in the back yard (but we always let them go the same day). no need to keep them, they were always found again.

hardlucktattoo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here are some pics of a luna moth I rescued from a cat that was trying to eat it
I love these things they are so pretty