Wild Tarantulas In Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by RugbyDave
im not sure how it lasted this long.. praise to jacen for that i suppose...

i mean, its now turning sour -- and linguistics? What fool posted that crap? ;)

im not sure..i mean, there's always a chance that its true. who can say at this point, ya know. We can say its probably fake, but theres the possibility its real.

peace
dave
Dave i agree there is a possibility but i think ur a bit more gulible then me though;P

Last edited:

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I think Rick West put the nail in the coffin a couple months ago when he tried to contact this false person.

Not to mention Steve's (And Rick's) knowledge on the subject.

Jacen has proven himself to be a troll in the past. This thread is the same.

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by Steve Nunn
I found a new species of potato in my underpants.....I've called Dr Adler for his opinion, who thinks it may be some kind of giant Ukranian arboreal species....

Hmmm......

That would give a whole new meaning to Mr. Potatohead, wouldn't it!?!? =D =D =D

As far as critters not being able to survive winter snows and such, I'm reminded of the Aphonopelma behlei which occurs in the colder parts of Arizona. I see no reason why a tarantula couldn't survive in Canada though having no urticating hairs really seems like a bit of a joke to me. Someone's probably pulling people's legs for his own entertainment. Only time will tell. :)

Wysi

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by Mendi
Maybe Scott could give him an honorary title like the "TV Spider Guy"?
... I agree Arachnopeon just isn't fitting for him, even though he posts rarely. I think it is great he post even rarely or comes to read how the rest of us arachnoholics are doing
Yeah, I remember looking at his first post thinking, Rick West and Arachnopeon don't really belong in the same sentence. (Ok, so I managed to put them in the same sentence, but the point is...they really don't go together). :)

Wysi

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by WYSIWYG
That would give a whole new meaning to Mr. Potatohead, wouldn't it!?!? =D =D =D

After reading that, I wish I could gouge my eyes out of my head.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh come now Jacen......

No cameras huh? It's not as if I didn't already know this was pure BS from the 1st time you mentioned it but I would expect a liar of your skills to be able to come up with something better than no cameras. lol

The amazing part is that you actually have the cojones to not only reappear after being busted but to even continue on with the same lie. You are truly one of a kind.

Phil

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: oh come now Jacen......

Originally posted by Phillip
No cameras huh? It's not as if I didn't already know this was pure BS from the 1st time you mentioned it but I would expect a liar of your skills to be able to come up with something better than no cameras. lol

The amazing part is that you actually have the cojones to not only reappear after being busted but to even continue on with the same lie. You are truly one of a kind.

Phil
lol, man couldnt of said it better myself

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This thread has been very entertaining to say the least. And I am very surprised that Jacen returned to continue on with this fallacy. I have been on these boards a while but obviously missed whatever it was that Jacen did before, could someone be so kind as to point me to a thread where this sort of thing happened before, I'm sure it will also be an interesting read.

Thanks,
Andy

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by vulpina
Tcould someone be so kind as to point me to a thread where this sort of thing happened before, I'm sure it will also be an interesting read.
That could be kind of hard. Remember how I said many of the rules on this board were inspired by Jacen? Well, that's why we can no longer delete entire threads started by us - he would start hot threads, stir up a bunch of crap, and as soon as it was no longer fun for him delete the whole thing.

(The no multiple accounts per person is another one).

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the help CM, I just wanted to see what else he has done.

Andy

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Keep it civil please.... I don't want to have to lock this, cuz then we'll never get an "answer"...

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

Originally posted by JacenBeers
I just called Dr Adler at UCC and he has informed me that he has named the species, Amenopus Adleri and that it does indeed lack urticating setae. The species also has very potent venom. Dr adler recently went searching in the same area and he has found numerous specimens of the same species. We now have multiple males and multiple femlaes. I will keep you posted about his breeding results.
what a waste of space and time. BTW, i've discovered a new haplopelma species that burrows in snowbanks, and thrives on drunk yoopers and canadians:)

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
see u guys scared him off again, he comes back for 3 days and posts like 25 times now he nowhere to be found, hilarious i dont think we will ever get an answer

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I believe if I was gonna make something like this an issue of discussion I would get my "facts" straight beforehand. I would at least do some research and TRY to make it sound legit. Man, I wish we werent all such idiots. We might not fall for this kinda stuff. And Steve Nunn, clearly Jacenbeers is more of an authority than you, he said that the speciman had two pairs of book lungs, oh and dont forget that Dr. Adler knows what HE is talking about. JK Steve. lol.
:)
dale

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cameras havent ben invented in Canada Yet
Just to save Mister Internet the trouble, I will clear this one up. No need to thank me, Tom--I gotcha covered! You may not have caught this one, being so busy with your moderating duties and all, but when I read it, I was skeptical. I did my research and this is in fact an Urban Legend. There are indeed cameras in Canada, although I don't believe they were actually "invented" there. There are even several pictures in the Watering Hole as well as this forum and Jacen's avatar itself that testify to the fact that there is at least 1 camera in Canada and he's got it! Almost got us there, man! You big jokester!

And on another note... has anyone taken a good look at the number of views this thread has gotten? If Jacen did create this story for the sole purpose of getting attention, he did a pretty darn good job. I mean, he got RICK WEST to post and when is the last time you saw him post around here? Um, never. That's not to say that I condone fairytales for the sake of duping people... but the game continues because we take the bait every time.

kellygirl

Edit: typos

Last edited:

defour

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You summed it up completely Kelly. THank you for getting it.
Didn't Ted Bundy say that once? Funny guy, Ted. Habitual nosepicker, but funny.

Steve

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats been said a few times in this thread already, though.. (not the Ted Bundy stuff, the "baiting" stuff) ;)

so go figure.

in it,
dave

Last edited:

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by kellygirl
That's not to say that I condone fairytales for the sake of duping people... but the game continues because we take the bait every time.

kellygirl

Edit: typos
Actually, wouldn't it have been Jacen who took the bait this time?

Maybe having a popularity contest in the watering hole might not be so bad. Creating false information in a forum designed for sharing/learning FACTUAL information is wrong. Also, just the fact that Jacen is lying in on-line invert forum purely for the sake of attention paints a very sad picture of his life and personality. Especially since all the attention he's getting is in a negative light (ie Liar, bull$hitter, desperate for attention, etc..) Any moron can get attention, it's not like it's an artform ot anything. Act like an ass, you'll get attention...everybody will say "Look at that dumbass!" as is the case here. Too bad Jacen lacks the intellect to get any kind of positive attention for actually knowing ANYTHING about inverts.

Well, even though this forum is here for us to share information and help each other learn, it's just like my folks told me long ago..."There's an A-hole in ever crowd." and once again, they were right. At least this time it was easy to spot him out.

Atrax

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My question Jacen is why would you make up such stories? This is a serious board about people wanting to learn more about the hobby of keeping tarantulas. I f we wanted to read such a fallacy we could grab a copy of the National Enquirer or the Star. It just shows a major lack of maturity on your behalf. Is it attention you are seeking? Is it that bad in Kamloops that you must do things like this? I don't know what you did before but obviously you have not the brains to learn from previous endeavours in the field of lying. My opinion and only my opinion, you should think really hard about things before doing this sort of thing again. And what's with the dis on Atrax, why didn't you just say "I'm rubber you're glue..." would've been just as mature. Let's just put an end to this asinine behavior once and for all.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.