[Wild] Speckled Kingsnake.

Felkon

Arachnopeon
We caught this bugger a week ago while riding a bike trail. He was in the middle of the trail squeezing the life out of a copperhead. When we got him home he already ate the copperhead.. And now 7 days later he seems to have digested the entire thing. I took him out of his cage to play with him for the first time, and amazingly he didn't even bite me once! I thought they were known to bite but I guess not this one! :D ...Or maybe that was a different snake? Ah well. =D

Attachments

Love to Foxtrot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is a nice looking Speckled King. I caught one a month ago that was fatally wounded and did not survive, but I have been looking for one in good condition that I can catch. They are supposed to be nippy at first, but I have never seen that for myself. Enjoy your new snake!

Aubrey

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice lookin snake! are you using aspen for substrate?
we had a 3' gopher snake in one of the police cadet vans, it was hiding in the heating/ac ductwork and would stick its head out of the defrost vent in the dash every morning. we finally ended up taking the dash apart to get it out and it is in my garage in a enclosure. I am going to feed it and water it and then let it go in a county park with lots of room for it to roam around.
Ed

Last edited: