Widow lover's Latrodectus pics

RebelWolf

Arachnosquire
Yes I do:) those are your favorite widow ?
Why yes. Both the Latrodectus Hesperus and Latrodectus Mactans are my two favorite widows. Someday when the time's right and when my life's not too busy, I'll be sure to buy some. They seem like great pets

Fishcrunch

Arachnosquire
Why yes. Both the Latrodectus Hesperus and Latrodectus Mactans are my two favorite widows. Someday when the time's right and when my life's not too busy, I'll be sure to buy some. They seem like great pets
Why not try to collect your own? Both species are practically as common as dirt in most southern states. I can go to nearly any camping ground and find them in the restrooms or the electrical boxes.

RebelWolf

Arachnosquire
Why not try to collect your own? Both species are practically as common as dirt in most southern states. I can go to nearly any camping ground and find them in the restrooms or the electrical boxes.
I would but I live in the northeast, there are no black widows here. The northern widow ( Latrodectus Variolus) is found but I've had no luck. That's why I will buy some. It's a better option

Fishcrunch

Arachnosquire
I would but I live in the northeast, there are no black widows here. The northern widow ( Latrodectus Variolus) is found but I've had no luck. That's why I will buy some. It's a better option
Just saying if you're ever in the mood to camp/travel, close to a third of the country is overflowing with widows.

RebelWolf

Arachnosquire
Just saying if you're ever in the mood to camp/travel, close to a third of the country is overflowing with widows.
Yeah, if I do travel by car again to a state with widows, I'll be sure to do that. A road trip sounds nice

awiec

Arachnoprince
I had L.mactans as a child, very simple to care for and very relaxed animals. Was it smart for 10 year old me to have one? No probably not, but I kept her because I figured that pretty much anyone else who would find her would kill her.

RebelWolf

Arachnosquire
I had L.mactans as a child, very simple to care for and very relaxed animals. Was it smart for 10 year old me to have one? No probably not, but I kept her because I figured that pretty much anyone else who would find her would kill her.
Cool! They are very calm and nonaggressive spiders. That's another reason why they make great pets. You can handle em without gettin' bit. Very low maintenance. I used to live in Indiana and all we had were brown recluse spiders but black widows are better than recluses

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
I'm curious where you got these. The only widows I've seen for sale are bishopis, mactans, and geometricus

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yay tred male getting the job done! Lol hopefully both males lived too to make another circuit with the females later on.

Widow lover

Arachnoknight
I have another female I'm planning on mating with the other male, she is being kinda weird and not eating though. Hopefully she pulls through.
Two gravid females would be nice