Why Marzipan, just WHY?!

Jonroe

Arachnopeon
I was happy all my T's settled down in the spots I intended for them, almost a little proud.
Now I just came home from work to see my H. Maculata Marzipan doing this to me.

IMG_0452.JPG IMG_0450.JPG

user 666

Arachnobaron
I think we have met the T equivalent of cats. In the same way that cats prefer a cardboard box to the expensive cat tree, Marzipan prefers substrate to your pretty log.

basin79

ArachnoGod
My H.mac has webbed her door shut on her enclosure. I have to go in through the top now.

Mojo288

Arachnoknight
If you make sure she is exposed to light in that position, she will most probably go back to the tube where it's dark. Did you turn on a light on top of the enclosure? or does alot of light get into her tube? That will usually put my T's off a spot.

When my pokies don't cooperate and build where they are supposed to, that's what i do, and it USUALLY works.

Only one rufilata sling has refused to settle in the tube completely but it has webbed up the enclosure enough to make a GBB proud, so its pretty happy wherever lol.

Jonroe

Arachnopeon
It'd be surprised if she doesn't do exactly that. She is way more exposed to light there then in her tube. And she is usually very sensitive to light.
She has already lived in that tube for months, I know she likes it. Shes just being "special". :meh:

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
I was happy all my T's settled down in the spots I intended for them, almost a little proud.
Now I just came home from work to see my H. Maculata Marzipan doing this to me.
Yeah!? Well cry me a f... river man! :penguin:

My OBT's home:

WHERE SHE ACTUALLY DECIDED TO SETTLE DOWN! :bored:

However, every once in a blue moon... :astonished:

Thing is, when she was living between a cork bark and the glass I decided to rebuild her enclosure, remove the bark at the side and add way more dirt so she can burrow...
What does she do?
Goes arboreal in the worst possible spot!

:shifty:

Jonroe

Arachnopeon

My OBT's home:

Thing is, when she was living between a cork bark and the glass I decided to rebuild her enclosure, remove the bark at the side and add way more dirt so she can burrow...
What does she do?

Well thats what you get for trying to tell her how to live her life.
She proably was waiting for you up there every day, hoping to catch your hand. ;)

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
Well thats what you get for trying to tell her how to live her life.
She proably was waiting for you up there every day, hoping to catch your hand. ;)
I know right?
Thing is, I gotta find a way to convince her to reconsider her options, because opening that enclosure sucks for the both of us.

le sigh

Jonroe

Arachnopeon
I know right?
Thing is, I gotta find a way to convince her to reconsider her options, because opening that enclosure sucks for the both of us.

le sigh
Oh how come? You mean OBT's are a little annoying sitting on the lid?
Of all the species this very calm and forgiving one is the one I'd want this to happen with. Don't be a wuss. :)

kasstro

Arachnopeon

My OBT's home:

What does she do?

Literally happened to me with the OBT I picked up yesterday.

She webbed herself in a corner on the way home after I picked her up. Went straight for the hide after I returned to the enclosure, webbed herself in, stressed position. But then I added a bunch of substrate as she had about 1/4" in there. And found this morning she prefers the high life as she has refused to come down since. No more stress positions though.