Whovian89's Eight-Legged Companions

whovian89

Arachnopeon
Just received a B. hamorii via FedEx and wanted to show her off. She is supposed to be female. I will find out when she molts. I haven't named her yet.

EDIT: I have named her Rani - after The Rani from Doctor Who.

IMG_0809.JPG IMG_0807.JPG IMG_0812.JPG

Last edited:

whovian89

Arachnopeon
I also made an utterly amateurish unboxing video. Where can I share the video? Am I allowed to post the link in this thread?

whovian89

Arachnopeon
Here is the video that I made of my unboxing. I was pretty nervous as my first two attempts at buying Ts online resulted in DOAs and this was my third attempt after I was reassured that DOAs were very rare. The first time was bad packing as I unwittingly purchased from a reptile dealer and they did not know how to pack a T. The second time, their packing was good but for some strange reason their T came DOA with what appeared to be a slight rupture in the abdomen. Third time was a charm.

It was my first time making any video like this. As I was nervous and also because of English not being my first language (I am an immigrant), I may have been incoherent at times. Also, please look also at the enclosure and my "handling" (not exactly handling but prodding her) was not correct. I am still a beginner and any tips and suggestions are welcome. Also, if I did or said anything stupid in the video, feel free to bluntly call it out. I do not mind harsh criticism.

Here is the link:

Thank you.

whovian89

Arachnopeon
This is Ashildr - a juvi G. pulchripes...
My first T that I brought home about a month ago. A suspect female. IMG_20170826_114603.jpg

whovian89

Arachnopeon
And my second T... Lottie - an adult female A. seemani

She molted the day after I brought her home two weeks ago. I haven't fed her yet. I will feed her next weekend. IMG_20170826_113347.jpg

whovian89

Arachnopeon
What kind of posture is this? She (or he) is not rearing up in a threat posture but has her first and/or second pairs of legs in the air 00000IMG_00000_BURST20170827044750_COVER.jpg IMG_20170827_044658.jpg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
What kind of posture is this? She (or he) is not rearing up in a threat posture but has her first and/or second pairs of legs in the air
Is she walking or just sitting there? They often flare their legs out as they walk to feel what is around them.

Otherwise, maybe she is just stretching. Or something made her pause mid-stride.

keks

Arachnobaron
Or she don't like the fluff of your pullover, because it's tickling ... :D.

whovian89

Arachnopeon
Is she walking or just sitting there? They often flare their legs out as they walk to feel what is around them.

Otherwise, maybe she is just stretching. Or something made her pause mid-stride.
She was walking but stops when she does that.

whovian89

Arachnopeon
Not mine, but it was the first ever T that I held in my hands. At Michigan Reptile & Pet Expo back in May 2015. That is when I got interested in Ts and finally took the plunge just over a month ago.
FB_IMG_1499044829570.jpg