Who's more purple?

• purpurea

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • peru purple

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SIM

Arachnopeon
As I've been looking around to expand my lonely one T Avic collection, I've wondered

>who's more purple? A. purpurea or A. "peru purple"

I've seen some pictures of both and I think it looks like purpurea but I like to know the thoughts of the more experienced keepers

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well, after a good two 'hands' of 'Vivid Violet' (Glidden™) I can say without further doubts that my Lasiodora parahybana now is dat eye-catching purple too: quality and convenience... I love you! :pompous:

:troll:

Answer: A.purpurea of course.

cold blood

Staff member

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
There are other stark differences though...purpurea is small, and one of the slowest growing Avics. However, sp. purple, gets quite large and grows much faster.
This I agree with. My sp. Peru Purple is an eating machine but the growth is much faster. . But my purpurea never refuses food unless near a moult. It's also an eating machine :D

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Avicularia sp. Colombia is also an option if you are looking for purple tarantulas.

Avicularia purpurea - Female - 2"
DSC09945-2.jpg

Avicularia sp. Colombia - Female - 2"
DSC02098-2-2.jpg

Avicularia sp. Colombia - Male - 2"
DSC02124-2.jpg

SIM

Arachnopeon
Avicularia sp. Colombia is also an option if you are looking for purple tarantulas.
I'm not on the lookout for purple, it was just a thought while looking over my options. Thank your for the reference photos though!