1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's Behind the Computer - Part 3

Discussion in 'Welcome To Arachnoboards' started by Arachnopets, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxident213

maxident213 Arachnolord Old Timer

Advertisement

Only if you forgive the ridiculous-looking goatee. I was young & experimenting. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

I did the fishing line method. At the time I did it (Dec. 2000), there was only one person (that I know of) who would perform it with the argon laser, and he was in Albany, NY. I called every oral surgeon, cosmetic surgeon, dental practitioner, and tattooist/piercer in the Greater Vancouver area, and had a really hard time finding anyone who had even heard of it, much less was willing to perform it. So I did the research and did it myself.

It took exactly three weeks with the fishing line, and I finished it off with a razor. Having your tongue bound up with fishing line is uncomfortable and makes you speak funny, but I wouldn't call it painful. Finishing it off with the razor was the only part that hurt and also the only time it bled. Once I finished it, I also ripped it about 1/4" further to extend the split. The part that I ripped grew back together, the rest is still just as split as it ever was. About 25mm I believe.

No ill effects, no effect on speech, as I said it was a surprisingly easy procedure. The most important part by far is keeping your mouth clean the entire time. I had the two halves pierced with barbells for about a year but that was just a bit too much metal in my mouth so I removed them.

Any questions from anyone interested in this procedure, feel free to PM me. :}

2. Arachnomore

Arachnomore Arachnobaron

USA
    word?

Everything has its flavor.. I couldn't get away with that at work. I can hardly ever get away with Dying my hair, well here is the one from tonight:

[​IMG]

Sixx A.M. - Life is Beautiful for those wondering what I was playing.

3. EricFavez

EricFavez Arachnosquire Old Timer

Friendly greeting from mans best friend!

A happy husky wanted to share some kisses as I came home from work....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Myspace.com/ericfavez
    Xbox Gamertag-Nhandu vulpinus

4. Widowman10

Widowman10 Arachnoemperor Old Timer

great song btw... :D

5. Choobaine

Choobaine Arachnobaron

hey! Dogs DO look like their owners! In this case - cute! :D

What is "codswallop"?

Sadly my grasp of the English language is not as good as I thought it was... :/

6. EricFavez

EricFavez Arachnosquire Old Timer

Thanks....but believe me dakota(husky) much cuter!

7. Truff135

Truff135 Arachnoprince

Someone long ago requested to see a picture of my tattoo, so here it is. Sadly, the picture is really blurry (I let my husband take the picture :rolleyes: ). It's much clearer and sharper and colorful in real life. It's in Chinese: the top red word is Power, the left blue word is Wisdom and the right green word is Courage. And tigers are my favorite animal. :)
    [​IMG]

8. WHAT??????????????????????????????

9. I would rather see Phil's profuse smiley overflow than to attempt read bluegooty's random jumble of letters

10. timekeeper

timekeeper Arachnopeon

You and your zelda obsession! This made my day. {D {D

I wish my girlfriend was nerdy. I love geeky girls ;)

11. Choobaine

Choobaine Arachnobaron

Wanna swap?

My man isn't geeky enough either. Allthough he does like Zelda and a variety games but... not enough damnit! He isn't into Magic the Gathering or Warhammer yet. Here's me with a Tyranid and Orc army and no one to play with... :(

Maybe I'm the one that needs therapy. I'm the furry. :D

12. timekeeper

timekeeper Arachnopeon

Maybe I'm not nerdy enough... I haven't even played D&D yet.

13. Choobaine

Choobaine Arachnobaron

*sighs and keeps searching for a brain to extract geekyness from so she can inject it into partner*

14. I wish people were more accepting of geekiness. I think it's cute. :D

15. Oh oh, two new pics from the weekend, and one random one...

I love my little sowman:
    [​IMG]

Piggies!!!!
    [​IMG]

...And I thought I would throw a nice mushy love picture in here for ya all :)
    [​IMG]

16. bluegootty

bluegootty Arachnoknight

Wow Alexis

nice Tat.. alexis..Tiger huh.. wow dat could b something... u noe .. tiger r mean animal but wat ta hell.. i like it...same when it come down to women 2....lol.. it's cute girl and r u planning to get more???it's pretty addicting u noe...

17. Truff135

Truff135 Arachnoprince

I've been toying with the idea of adding on to that one, maybe doing some sort of tribal-style phoenix wings and tail. Maybe find some way to incorporate it and make it all one. I don't want a ton all over though. :)

18. UrbanJungles

UrbanJungles Arachnoprince

Here's one of me at work from this week...I was being filmed while capturing/medicating some of our fish.

[​IMG]

19. bluegootty

bluegootty Arachnoknight

I've been toying with the idea of adding on to that one, maybe doing some sort of tribal-style phoenix wings and tail. Maybe find some way to incorporate it and make it all one. I don't want a ton all over though

nice idea.. dat should b really nice...nor u can put a sakura tree on the back- ground of the tiger..man dat b really hot 2.or if u like orchid dat should work...well wat ever it is..if it's on u it should b sexy ,real sexxy... thanx for the pics

20. Arachnomore

Arachnomore Arachnobaron

USA
    {D Ya ma... thanks for the pix! When will we see some of you?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.