Who's a good spider?

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
One of my Hapalopus sp small slings likes to play with his food. Every time I've fed it (prekilled superworms that are admittedly kinda big for it), it climbs under the food to eat it upside down. It makes me laugh because it's like he's pretending the superworm is eating him when I know the worm is dead and he's not even in the slightest bit of danger

athlete96

Arachnosquire
Every spider is a good spider in my books today. Every sling (-premoults) ate like champs. Took down the cricket no questions asked.

This little one is starting to show adult colours. I’m so proud. B. bohemei.
7A78526A-8FBF-4A2E-8899-427AD26BAACA.jpeg

Kiraral

Arachnopeon
My new female N. incei last night. I had just finished settling her in, and she was already drinking from her water dish. I just think drinking spiders are the cutest things!
ACD922C3-0612-4B27-9583-D710058377CC.jpeg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
This is a place to brag when you have a T do something that brings a smile to your face.

Seriously, if it made you smile, I want to hear about it. Even if your B. albo is just looking especially fluffy today. (I might be upset if you're bragging about a floofy spider and don't post a picture. Just sayin'.)

I love all the stories people tell about their T's, and I want more.
When the washing machine turned on a few minutes ago, Wallflower (my mature male Dolichothele diamantinensis) started drumming on the side of his cage in response to the vibration. :p

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
When the washing machine turned on a few minutes ago, Wallflower (my mature male Dolichothele diamantinensis) started drumming on the side of his cage in response to the vibration. :p
BAHAHAHA GOLD

I thought you were gonna post that picture of Dozer going "Eek! A spider!"

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
"Oh boy oh boy! I'm gonna get me some snu-snu tonight!"

But little did he know... there would be no snu-snu...:(

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
also before that 2 week trip i mentioned i tried desperately to feed her to which she decided not to eat every time until literally right before i had to go (like at this point the ubers on the way) i throw a few crickets in her enclosure so shell have them as an option for food when im gone and i watch as she stalks one slowly and murders it! she waits till the last minute like she was trying to make me late. i like to think of it as she didnt want me to leave and tried to make me miss my flight, otherwise she just enjoys messing with me. maby she isnt the goodest of spooders but that doesnt mean i dont love her with all my heart :p
I asked my mom to pick up crickets for my Hogna c. while she was out last night and she came back with a box of huge crickets (half of them dead but the other half was fine) I knew the crickets were probably too big for her seeing they were about the same size as her body but I decided to drop one in anyway and she grabbed it by the neck and waltzed right into her hide. Made me feel like a proud father seeing her do that

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
It's been a joy to watch my tiny Versi sling getting fatter and fatter. I need to take a picture sometime of it taking down a cricket. It's super cute! :)

fat_versi.jpg

Last edited:

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
The wee chubby spider is about to become even fatter. I absolutely love my Ts when they are so tiny (and *hungry*). It's made me decide to bring home some dwarf species and True Spiders. :D

fatbabyversi.jpg

Last edited:

Gossamer

Arachnopeon
Bit late to the party, but just had to add this photo:
IMG_20180101_172207.jpg
I spooked my B. Albo when refilling its water dish, and she nose-dived into the substrate and tried to bury herself... note that her hide is uncovered on the other side, but it seems that she wanted to be an ostrich that day...

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
My spiders have been so good lately.

The last three molts were so easy to get to and beautifully intact :embarrassed:

lvc

Arachnopeon
My B.Emilia is my only T (for now at least :angelic:) and since yesterday she started to chill outside of her hide a lot more. Usually she would stay in her hide almost 24/7, so I was very happy to be able to observe my fuzzy girl some more and I witnessed her grooming herself for the first time. Unfortunately she was sitting at a spot in the enclosure where I couldn´t get a good picture of it without taking the tank off the shelf, so I just let her do her thing and kept watching her.
It looked really cute :smug:

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Sorry for the awful picture but here is my M. robustums redecorating result. He thinks he's hiding, and technically he is because his hide is now at the bottom and right above where he's sitting :rofl:
M. robustum hiding.jpg