Who's a good spider?

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
This is a place to brag when you have a T do something that brings a smile to your face.

Seriously, if it made you smile, I want to hear about it. Even if your B. albo is just looking especially fluffy today. (I might be upset if you're bragging about a floofy spider and don't post a picture. Just sayin'.)

I love all the stories people tell about their T's, and I want more.

The most recent occurrence for me was my Cyriopagopus schmidti, Pennywise, living up to it's name during it's latest feeding.

The wax worm was worming around, then a little voice from the bottom of a hole said, "Hey. Hey worm, come over here."

And the worm was like, "Nah."

Then the little voice said, "But you'll like it down here. We have honeycomb. All the honeycomb you could eat."

So, naturally, the worm is like, "Oh hell yeah." and wormies over there, sticks it face into the hole..

And, SHHMP! Disappears into the dark.

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
A couple of days ago I was rehousing my endlessly docile Euathlus manicata and used the occasion to hold her in the palm of my hand. She just sat there for a few minutes and then to my surprise started webbing, moving her abdomen back and forth, touching her spinnerets to my skin! I was amazed and happy, it felt like a declaration of love and trust (anthropomorphize much?). Then after a minute of twerking - she dropped a huge deuce in the palm of my hand. She wasn't webbing at all but getting ready to make some dookie. Maybe she was trying to tell me something...

trucu.jpg

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Pig buried her waterdish for the first time like a good a. geniculata!

:cat::cat::cat: Ive been ranting at everyone and anyone about it!

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
When the OWs I just got went into their enclosures and directly to their hides. Tarantulas cooperating during housing, should be enough to put a smile on the face of all members of the forum.

dord

Arachnopeon
My juvie C. Cyaneopubescens occasionally wanders around its enclosure adding a bit more web and turns around to look at me every time. I'm convinced it's not just a coincidence it faces in my direction, it's fun to watch regardless!

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
I brought home a C. Darlingi sling today(.5" dls at most) and I just checked on it. It had already made a little burrow from the new substrate and it was grooming itself. . . made my heart melt a little :)

Toddydog

Arachnosquire
My P. Metallica has a habit of taking it's food all around with it. It'll go from under in it's little hidy hole to up on the top of the bark. 20180128_144727.jpg

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Had a G pulchripes sling do a threat pose to a decapitated cricket. Made me laugh. I guess i am weird like that.

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
I normally drop in 2 crickets at a time ..... My Gbb got 5 accidentally as I reached for the tongs he/she promptly killed each cricket and dropped it. Then grab another before I could. I swear my Gbb was grinning at me after each kill, as if to say " now what you gonna do with it "
I stood there laughing like a lunatic

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
This is a place to brag when you have a T do something that brings a smile to your face.

Seriously, if it made you smile, I want to hear about it. Even if your B. albo is just looking especially fluffy today. (I might be upset if you're bragging about a floofy spider and don't post a picture. Just sayin'.)

I love all the stories people tell about their T's, and I want more.

The most recent occurrence for me was my Cyriopagopus schmidti, Pennywise, living up to it's name during it's latest feeding.

The wax worm was worming around, then a little voice from the bottom of a hole said, "Hey. Hey worm, come over here."

And the worm was like, "Nah."

Then the little voice said, "But you'll like it down here. We have honeycomb. All the honeycomb you could eat."

So, naturally, the worm is like, "Oh hell yeah." and wormies over there, sticks it face into the hole..

And, SHHMP! Disappears into the dark.
mine isnt about a T but i think its still adorable when my Hogna Carolinensis tries to climb the side of her enclosure but the glass is too slick so she sits there just rubbing the wall adorably (i know this means she needs a rehouse and im currently working on it but until then i find this cute)

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
mine isnt about a T but i think its still adorable when my Hogna Carolinensis tries to climb the side of her enclosure but the glass is too slick so she sits there just rubbing the wall adorably (i know this means she needs a rehouse and im currently working on it but until then i find this cute)
another one about the same Hogna Carolinensis: when i first got her i made a pre-made burrow and guided her into it as i do with all my wolfers and left the room. i came back a while later to find her making another burrow and that to me was amusing enough but what made me laugh really hard is when i came back from school the next day to find her digging a THIRD BURROW. she used all three of these as well which made it even funnier

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
another one about the same Hogna Carolinensis: when i first got her i made a pre-made burrow and guided her into it as i do with all my wolfers and left the room. i came back a while later to find her making another burrow and that to me was amusing enough but what made me laugh really hard is when i came back from school the next day to find her digging a THIRD BURROW. she used all three of these as well which made it even funnier
okay forgive me but ishimura (the name of this wolfer named after the ship in dead space) is a unique wolf spider. i went on vacation for 2 weeks and came back to see she had molted. i opened up her enclosure to give her a cricket and she vaults over the wall of her enclosure. turns out she was now big enough to effectively do that. so about 3 days later i rehouse her and put her in an enclosure with much higher walls. i put her back on the shelf i keep my inverts on and start playing rainbow 6 siege. while im waiting for a mach to start i look over at her enclosure to see her ON TOP OF THE LID just staring at me like she knows what she did and she enjoys the look on my face. after observing her for a while i found out she was doing this by using some dried up substrate on the wall of her enclosure i hadn't noticed like rungs on a ladder, so i wiped it off and thats what causes the thing she does in post one

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
You're adorbs! :kiss:

I have a P. ornata sling. The other day I got a pack of new crickets, so it was feeding time (after quite a while).
When that little thing tackled the cricket her size with ease I could not help but smile and feel pride, like a parent. :embarrassed:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Was breathing a little too heavy by my diversipes cage. (Exo tera) it charged across the cage and started gnawing on the vent..

When I'm tong feeding and a spider jumps onto the tongs, pulls the cricket, and jumps back.

AF regalis threw a dirt ball at me.

When im Watering and hyper aggressive feeders flail about the dish trying to eat the water the entire time I'm pouring it.

Big flies get in my room, I open up an avic cage and wait. :)

So many good stories.. here's to many more.

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
okay forgive me but ishimura (the name of this wolfer named after the ship in dead space) is a unique wolf spider. i went on vacation for 2 weeks and came back to see she had molted. i opened up her enclosure to give her a cricket and she vaults over the wall of her enclosure. turns out she was now big enough to effectively do that. so about 3 days later i rehouse her and put her in an enclosure with much higher walls. i put her back on the shelf i keep my inverts on and start playing rainbow 6 siege. while im waiting for a mach to start i look over at her enclosure to see her ON TOP OF THE LID just staring at me like she knows what she did and she enjoys the look on my face. after observing her for a while i found out she was doing this by using some dried up substrate on the wall of her enclosure i hadn't noticed like rungs on a ladder, so i wiped it off and thats what causes the thing she does in post one
oh yeah, i accidentally trained her to take food right off the tongs (i dont know how but i did) which you think would be cool until you realize how dull that makes feedings (ive stopped giving her food off the tongs so its more interesting) and she hasn't learnt that the tongs give her food she just thinks anything long coming from above her tank gives her food meaning every time i do maintenance around her enclosure she runs up and bites them (there metal btw so i dont know if that will mess up her fangs). this has also led to a few close calls when ive had to do maintenance that involves my hands in the tank

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
oh yeah, i accidentally trained her to take food right off the tongs (i dont know how but i did) which you think would be cool until you realize how dull that makes feedings (ive stopped giving her food off the tongs so its more interesting) and she hasn't learnt that the tongs give her food she just thinks anything long coming from above her tank gives her food meaning every time i do maintenance around her enclosure she runs up and bites them (there metal btw so i dont know if that will mess up her fangs). this has also led to a few close calls when ive had to do maintenance that involves my hands in the tank
also before that 2 week trip i mentioned i tried desperately to feed her to which she decided not to eat every time until literally right before i had to go (like at this point the ubers on the way) i throw a few crickets in her enclosure so shell have them as an option for food when im gone and i watch as she stalks one slowly and murders it! she waits till the last minute like she was trying to make me late. i like to think of it as she didnt want me to leave and tried to make me miss my flight, otherwise she just enjoys messing with me. maby she isnt the goodest of spooders but that doesnt mean i dont love her with all my heart :p