Who molted today?

Serpyderpy

Arachnosquire
Psalmopoeus pulcher molted today. She had a very round black butt and I knew she was gonna pop at some point but the day I decide to see if maaaaybe it's just the natural colour of the butt, nope, didn't even realise I popped a dead cricket right next to where she was molting. Took it out when she didn't take it after a while but didn't realise she had been molting until much later when I saw her white legs through the plastic.

While not today, a few days ago my Ephebopus cyanognathus molted, and my tiny Pterinopelma sazimai sling molted even further back though I'm not sure when, it may even have been during my mini-move in the car. They're now slightly blue and not peach like all my other smaller slings.

Drizzliz

Arachnopeon
My little B. auratum sling FINALLY molted. It was about 1/2", likely 3/4" now. Only 228 days from the previous molt and 200 days with no food. :dead:

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
4" A. geniculata, its a girl :happy:
3.5" P. murinus, hoarding the molt
P. reduncus sling, suspect male
GBB juvenile, suspect male
O. schioedtei juvenile, shredded the molt
and just noticed I. hirsutum juvenile also molted last night

Last edited:

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Things were busy while I was away;

H. maculata sling
Chilobrachys sp. Kaeng Krachan (2/2)
Cyriopagopus albostriatus
Tapinauchenius cupreus
Poecilotheria formosa sling
Pterinochilus sp. Arusha sling
Pterinochilus lugardi sling (1/2)
Psalmopoeus cambridgei (looking male)
Ornithoctonus aureotibialis (confirmed female)

And last but certainly not least, my N. incei male, who is now mature! Gonna fatten him up and do some info digging, and then hopefully I'll get to pair him to my MF GCF :D

Last edited:

ic32k

Arachnopeon
Finally after spent since November of 2018 without eating, Roja my B.hamorii sling molted today... That are great news!!! Happy 3rd molting Roja
IMG_20190605_000148.jpg

lazarus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My T. stirmi motled today, a bit unexpectedly she ate 1 week ago, finally I got a female after raising two stirmi males from sling to adulthood.
Got this girl in July 2018 (first pic), her first molt was 6 cm (just a bit over 2 inches) DLS, today's molt is 13 cm DLS so she's probably around 15 cm(around 6 inches)
stirmi_july_2018.png stirmi_june_2019.png stirmi_sp.png

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Just woke up to a freshly moulted B. schroederi sling. :smug:

20190605_1st moult.jpg

Now, it would be nice, if the remaining eight Ts currently in heavy premoult (almost half of my collection) caught up with it. :kiss:

SteveIDDQD

Arachnosquire
t.blondi had a successful moult. It's not left it's cave yet, but it looks to have gained quite a bit of leg span, but still looks like a gangly sling. Looking forward to the juvenile moult.

My p.sazimai also moulted a few weeks back. It's filled it's hole in an now seems to want to be pet rock out in the open.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Molt party here over the last few days.

N. tripepii female (Cinnamon)
GBB female (Gossamer)
H. chilensis female (Fidget)
G. rosea male (Pepperoni)
P. sp machala sling X2
X. immanis sling X2
P. sp purple sling X2
G. porteri sling X2
L. difficilis sling
C. elegans sling
H. sp Columbia sling

Last edited:

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Recently I've had a few more moults, following the T. blondi and P. auratus.

Monocentropus balfouri juvenile male

Caribena versicolor unsexed sling
Idiothele mira unsexed juvenile

And also a local spider, Eratigena sp..

Last edited:

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I'm jealous! :meh: I'm already waiting 8 months for my sling to moult (again!), but not even a sign of premoult so far. :rolleyes:
I'll be interested to see what slings grow at a more glacial pace: the H. chilensis, the B. albiceps, or the A. moderatum.

My money is on the A. moderatum.

Minty

@londontarantulas
Saw my Lasiodora parahybana sling flip over to moult on Friday, but I was slightly worried as it flipped back over. I went away for the weekend and came back to a freshly moulted sling.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Hell must be freezing over, because guess who just molted? :astonished:

20190605_221818.jpg

Saw my G. pulchra freshly molted just before leaving for work. Was behaving a little odd though, so I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
The second of my two latest additions - A. purpurea - moulted last night. It easily doubled in size, she (wishful thinking) is now at least 1". :smug:

20190607_1st moult.jpg

B. schroederi one day after its moult on Wednesday: 20190606_the day after.jpg

I'm always happy when they finished their first moult in my care successfully. :smug:

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Other P. cambridgei finally molted. Woo.

Update: Just checked on my P. irminia and it has also molted! Like just did so within the last few hours.

Last edited: